Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creating add'l forums question with V and web host?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating add'l forums question with V and web host?

I have an ezBoard and when I want to add a forum, as it's all hosted thru ez, it just creates it and names it.

But, if I go with V, and I use a web host, how do I creat a new forum?

Do I have to create and name it through my host then link it, name it and categorize it through the admin panel or can I just go to the admin panel within V and hit create and it'll be done automatically?

Thanks!

This depends on what you mean by 'forum'. If you mean like the vB Community forums here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/index.php

Then you need to install vB. You can view the installation instructions in our online documentation here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/i...rsion=30501500

If you mean a forum such as 'vBulletin Pre-Sales Questions' all vB forums are created in the vB Admin Control Panel after you have installed vB.

Note: vB is not a hosted solution like EZBoard. I know that Floris has given you a lot of info about this in your sales ticket.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by deadhook
      I have an ezBoard and when I want to add a forum, as it's all hosted thru ez, it just creates it and names it.

But, if I go with V, and I use a web host, how do I creat a new forum?

Do I have to create and name it through my host then link it, name it and categorize it through the admin panel or can I just go to the admin panel within V and hit create and it'll be done automatically?

Thanks!
      First of all, you are going to love the power and flexibility of vBulletin over that dinosaur EZBoard.

On vBulletin, you install the forum software and then do everything through a control panel. At no point should you need to contact the webhost. You can create forums, set up permissions, customize how the forum looks, move threads (topics) and posts from one forum to another with ease, edit/manage users, etc. EZBoard tries to make it sound complicated to set up and run your own forum, but it's a bunch of B.S.

Check out my EZBoard to vBulletin -- what to expect thread.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X