Multiple installs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple installs

Hi there again. I'd like to set up my board using one of my existing domain names. If it goes well, I'd like to transfer it to a different sub-domain name. Would I have to pay another licence fee? Thanks, hurmeez

Hi

Yes, for multiple instances of vBulletin you'll need multiple licenses.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

If you are transferring (moving) from one location to another, however, and are only running the one single copy, then you would not need a second license.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys.

Comment

I did not want to open a new thread for my question.
          I have a licenced vbulletin and I have to transfer my old SMF forum. How about installing my vbulletin to a free hosting for practising impex before transfering my forum. is it legal?

Comment

excy,
            To receive support you need to be a licensed customer and register for Priority Forum Support. To do this, please go here:

http://members.vbulletin.com/membersupport_priority.php

...and enter your email address (the one you used to register on the forums) in one of the boxes. You'll need to have your customer number and password to access that page.

Also please make sure you have activated your forum account by clicking on the link in the activation email after registering or changing you email address. You will not be able to post until you activate your account.
            Best Regards
            Colin Frei

Comment

Hi Colin F,
              I think I did it. Sorry for my lack of exprience, I just bought my licence 30 minutes ago.
              I am not sure what to do.. I entered my e-mail which I used while having my licence tot he link you gave. And nothing changes for now.

Comment

The email you're using here isn't entered anywhere in the system. Please doublecheck that you're using the exact same email.
                Best Regards
                Colin Frei

Comment

I think I understand and corrected the problem..
                  Thanks.

Comment

Thanks
                    As per the license agreement:
                    If you have a valid licence, you may set up an additional test forum in order to test code, template and database modifications. To make this clear to us and our licence verification procedures, place it in a directory called 'testvb' and be sure to password protect it. It must not be accessible by the general public.
                    If this is on free hosting space or not doesn't make a difference, but I recommend you test on the server on which you'll be doing the actual import.
                    Best Regards
                    Colin Frei

Comment

I think you are absolutely right. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by excy
                        I did not want to open a new thread for my question.
                        Since you're asking a very different question than the original post, it's best to open your own thread. Otherwise it can be confusing to have the answers to two different questions.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X