How do I but a 2nd license?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I but a 2nd license?

I currently have a license on one of my sites. I have a customer account. I wish to purchase a 2nd license for another domanin name.

I went to vbulletin like I always do. I logged into my current customer account and saw my license. There is a link for Renewals /New purchases but when I click the link, I see my other license information. I want to make sure that this new purchase doesn't get confused with my first purchase. I don't see any link for adding a 2nd license. These are owned licenses and not yearly licenses.

1) Am I supposed to log into my customer account to purchase a 2nd owned license for a different site? Or do I create a 2nd customer account, like it's my first purchase?

2) Will I have one customer account that lists both licenses? Or will I have 2 customer accounts.

3) What is the proper way to purchase a 2nd license? I want to make sure I don't wind up paying for both licenses and having vbulletin thinking I have only one license for one site.

Thanks

Just log into the Member's Area, and under Renewals/New Purchases, you should be taken to a screen where you can proceed with your purchase. What are you seeing?

It should be similar to the order form you first ordered vBulletin in, except it would be in the Member's Area.
    Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

I'm seeing that but I was just concerned that it is seeing this as a purchase for the same domain name. I was expecting something that suggested that your site understood this was an additional license.

When complete, I would expect to see two licenses in my customer area showing two different domain names. But I'm not getting the feeling that is happening. Maybe it will after I make the purchase but I hate making a purchase, before I know it is the right way to do it.

If I follow that link and make a purchase of an owned license, will my customer account show 2 licenses with the option to set both domain names?

Comment

Yes; when you purchase the new license there, it will list the second license with its own key and download link (along with a section to fill in the domain of where you want the second license).

It will show after you purchase the license.
        Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

Looks like it went through ok. I now see 2 licenses in my customer area and have filled everything out and all looks good.

Thanks,
          Last edited by ipscone; Sat 1 Apr '06, 7:50pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X