Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feldon23
    replied
    If your webhost is running cPanel web control panel, then the database name will be something you come up with. If your username on your website is jillk and you create a database called "forum", then the database name full name is "jillk_forum". If you have any problems, you'll get help here.

Leave a comment:

• JillK
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery
    No, you ONLY upload tools.php when we tell you to, or if you know what it does and need it, under all normal circumstances never upload that file, its never needed. It is an emergency tool to restore Admin access to anyone who access it. along with some other tools and features.

$config['Database']['dbname'] = 'NAMEOFYOURDATABASE';

I can't tell you the name, however chances are your webhost can.

Hi Zachery Thank you again! Very helpful..

Jill

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    No, you ONLY upload tools.php when we tell you to, or if you know what it does and need it, under all normal circumstances never upload that file, its never needed. It is an emergency tool to restore Admin access to anyone who access it. along with some other tools and features.

$config['Database']['dbname'] = 'NAMEOFYOURDATABASE';

I can't tell you the name, however chances are your webhost can.

Leave a comment:

• JillK
    started a topic Before purchasing installing questions?

Before purchasing installing questions?

Hi again,
    Before purchasing I took some time to read thru the manual to see if I would be able to install this myself and came across a few steps that left me with some questions..

The first being this step in the manul: The second folder is do_not_upload - This folder contains tools to perform various tasks on your board
    searchshell.php - This file will allow you to rebuild the search index.
    vb_backup.sh - This file will allow you to run a database backup via SSH/Telnet or a scheduled backup through cron.
    tools.php - This file must be uploaded to the admincp folder and allows you to perform certain tasks should your board go down or you accidentally lock yourself out of the Admin Control Panel. This file must be deleted immediately after use or it will cause a SEVERE security problem

Question is... This starts off by saying do not upload then it says this file must be uploaded to the admincp. So im guessing once your board is installed you go to your admidcp and upload this file to your admin control panel instead of uploading it to your web server. Right?

If so then once you get to your admin control panel how do you go about uploading this file to the admincp?

Then it continues to say this file must be deleted after using it? From where, from the folder that you have the zip files saved on your computer or in or from your admincp?

My next question is : Of the settings in this file, only a few need to be edited in order to create a working vBulletin configuration file. These settings are:$config['Database']['dbname'] This value should be altered to state the name of the database that will contain your vBulletin installation on the database server.

Question is what would the name of the data base be that you insert into the value?

Thank you for any help..
    Jill