Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• License Question

Hi,
    I'm in the process of purchasing a forum site, the owner is selling the site with an owned vb license. He have provided me the customer number, which I have sumitted a ticket via sales for license validation. Is this correct? Also I saw somewhere on this forum about transferring the license, what are the steps to take on this? Once the license is validated, should I go ahead and pay him than transfer the vb licnese? or should I have all license related tasks finsihed before paying? Thank you.

I'd be very very careful about buying a used vBulletin license. There has been instances where the license was valid, but then the original purchaser did a chargeback, thereby invalidating the license, and the person who bought it used ended up with nothing while the original purchaser ended up with money.

Be sure to read: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90059
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Thanks, is it safer if this owned license has already been renewed? He mention that the license has been renewed and this is the second year, can the orginial owner still be able to do the chargeback and invalid the license?

Comment

So as long as he paid with a credit card at one point or another, he's still eligible to do a chargeback.
        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

The bottom line is that you take a chance and assume all risks when you purchase a license second hand.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X