Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question before my Purchase

Hi,
    I need help in clearing my doubts before buying vbulletin forum.

I wish to setup a customised website where there will be users which are needed to register at my end. I wish they could post up thread (simply like a forum thread). However, this thread will not be visible to anyone except for those in his friendlist.

Is it possible to use vBulletin for this? Can vBulletin be customised to achieve this? Or do i need to recreate this system on my own?

Need help....

That depends on what you mean by 'friendlist'. You can accomplish this by using the built-in Usergroup and Forum permissions settings.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Clear my doubt part 2

The friendlist is the part i wil have to script. It's like the user can ask their friends to join my site and he will be automatically appeared in the user's friendlist.Users can also invite someone to join to their friendlist.So i wish that the post thread which i hope can be used from vBulletin, can be customised to my system and be seen by only those in one's friendlist.

I know all forum features include built-in Usergroup and Forum permissions settings. But is it easy to customised the script from vBulletin post to work in my way? Because i won't want other users to hack the thread by modifying the URL_GET variable and value.

2nd question is: Can I host multiple forum in a website? Because i am thinking of setting up a proper forum with vBulletin beside the feature (post thread seen by users who's friends of the one who posted) i mentioned above.Please advice.

Comment

1. There is no built-in option to do that. This requires custom coding. Once you are a customer you can try asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.

2. Each license is good for one installation of vBulletin, i.e., one set of vB files on one domain w
        ith one set of vB database tables. As an example, our support forums are all under one license:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/

As per the license agreement:

"vBulletin license grants you the right to run one instance (a single installation) of the Software on one web server and one web site for each license purchased. Each license may power one instance of the Software on one domain. For each installed instance of the Software, a separate licen
        se is required. Modifications to the software or database to circumvent the one-license-one-board rule are prohibited."

You can view the license agreement here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/order/license_agreement.php
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

can i have two different forum in my website?

Can i run vBulletin and PHPBB2 forum in one website?

Comment

Technically yes, but they won't integrate with each other.
            Best Regards
            Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X