Hypothetical Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypothetical Question

Lets say I bought a leased license and it has expired. Could I still use it on my home server and still customize it until I decide to buy another license?

No. You need to remove vB if you have an expired leased license.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Sorry I took so long to reply but I was away from a computer for a few days.
      I think people should atleast have the right to have the board installed on their home server.

I own an Owned License so this does apply to me.

Comment

A leased license only gives you the rights to the software for one year, not longer, regardless of how its used.

Comment

You're allowed to run vBulletin as a production forum AND as a private (non-public) test server IF you have a legitimate, active license.

Comment

Well my hyptothetical question has been answered.
            I wonder how many people use it on the home server only (using it on a production doesn't count) despite the policy?

Comment

I think anyone really invested in vBulletin has purchased the Owned license.

If you're looking for a pat on the back or justification for using vBulletin that is expired, you won't find it here.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X