Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    Fees vary by credit card processor and type of credit card. Majority (not all) charge 3% transaction fees for using a VISA, Mastercard, and I believe Discover as well....the only one in the above list that is 5% is American Express.

Leave a comment:

• Colin F
    replied
    PayPal makes it look like you have to sign up to pay, as far as I know others make it clearer that you don't have to sign up to pay by Credit Card.

Leave a comment:

• cccinga
    replied
    Thanks guys, but one quick follow up. Assuming that most new subscribers will be new to the BBS and paypal process, which one is easiest on the user to use? All the same?

Leave a comment:

• Colin F
    replied
    You can't set up AMEX directly, you'll have to go via a third-party that processes the orders.
    That would be something like PayPal, WorldPay or Authorize.Net.

Leave a comment:

• conqsoft
    replied
    You'll need to set up a merchant account to do that directly (authorize.net), or they can use Amex with PayPal also.

Each have varying fees, so you'll need to check into each one.

Leave a comment:

• cccinga
    replied
    OK, let's say I the subscription fee will be either $10-20 and I will use whatever way is easiest for my subscribers. Most will be B2B users and will likely be wanting to use AMEX to sign up if that is an option...

Leave a comment:

• Colin F
    replied
    Hi

That depends on the processor you use. It's usually also a percentage of the amount paid, and not a fixed amount.

Leave a comment:

• cccinga
    started a topic Cost per transaction

Cost per transaction

Hi, I am currently considering purchasing vbulletin for a new forum and company I am going to launch. I am currently writing the business plan and need some help with the particulars. For example, what is the total cost per transaction for each new subscriber that signs up? Do I pay that or do the subscribers?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X