Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• differences between the 2 Bulletins

Hi there all, i hope someone can help me

The business that i work for currently owns version 2.3.5, however i noticed recently that they have been many upgrades since this version. However i have not been able to find a document that tells me what the differences are between this version that we are using now and the most up to date version 3.5.4 ...any idea anyone what the biggest differences are, what are the perks, the pros & cons?

I hope someone can help.
    Thank you in advance.
    All the best
    Nathalie

The difference between 2.3 and 3.0 are massive, but between 2.3 and 3.5 are even bigger, I can't think of a word.

Difference between 3.0 and 3.5
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...50&postcount=4

And the feature list for vBulletin 3.5 is on the main page, so I cannot find any refrence anymore to compare 2.x to 3.0

However, things were massively changed with template conditionals, better xhtml valid templates, a wiswyig editor, better usergroup controls and permissions, automatic promotions, quick reply bult in, Thumbnailing with GD, better security. It does go on for awhile.

Comment

Do you think it will come to the point where 2..3.5 is not going to be usable anymore at some point in time?

Comment

As far outdated as vBulletin 2 is now, I cannot see any reason for someone to use it starting out a new site with.

vBulletin 3.5 is what you'd want to use, hands down. Best features, security, and easy to work with styles and administration.

Comment

Not to mention that 2.3.5 isn't even the latest in the vB 2 series. (It's up to 2.3.9.) I would recommend your business upgrades to the latest version, 3.5.4. Using the built-in upgrade script is quite easy to do, even going from vB 2 -> vB 3. Just be sure they back up their database first in case anything does happen to go wrong.
          Last edited by Quillz; Fri 24 Mar '06, 10:18am.
          Forums

Comment

2.3.9 is the latest Quillz

Comment

Thank you so much for all that useful info!
              I am trying to make my company upgrade their version of Vb, however i need to 'proove' that it is going to be beneficiary to us and really improve our current forum, and therefore I have to be able to list all the useful differences that it would make to our forum.

I am quite new to this type of software and still learning a lot about it, and i am very grateful for all the help that i can get!

Thanks!

Comment

If you sign up to the free admin demo, you will see what all the new features will do.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X