A question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question

First i must say i have been watching this project for some time and now i am considering buying it for my website. vBulletin is very impressive.

ATM i am using phpNuke with phpBB. I was wondering if their are any good CMS that intergrate vb well into them. I have seen Joomla and its very nice but was wondering if there are any others. Mainly i am wanting something that will go well with the forums i dont want the styles to be differant and such.

Again this is a very impressive system and i look forward to tomarrow (Payday) so i can see it in action first hand.

Ronin

I personally haven't used a CMS much with vBulletin so I am unfamiliar with any intergration on any level.

However I can suggest that you tryout an admin demo untill tomorrow

http://www.vbulletin.com/admindemo

Comment

Well, there are many good CMS systems that integrate perfectly with vBulletin. Some are free, while others are paid. One of the most well integrated CMS is vBadbanced CMPS, which has all the fetaures you were pointing to. Other CMS scripts are a kind of 'bridge' between vBulletin & other standalone CMS software, such as Drupal, Mambo, Joomla, Subdreamer which all has bridges to integrate with vBulletin. You may also consider WebTemplates, a professional CMS written by aprofessional coder which some sites has built their entire forums around it. For more info you may wish to look at www.vbulletin.org for free & paid CMS mods.
      Originally posted by Zachery
      I personally haven't used a CMS much with vBulletin so I am unfamiliar with any intergration on any level.

However I can suggest that you tryout an admin demo untill tomorrow

http://www.vbulletin.com/admindemo
      Is this a support staff answer?! And the worst is that you're a moderator at vBadvanced website & the least thing you could have done is pointing him out to the very nice & vB integrable vBadvanced CMS. I don't want to seem offencing you Zach, but giving short 'personally' answers to customers isn't a thing you'll gain much credit of.
      You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

vBAdvanced is more of a portal than a CMS.

You can't create a menu structure and system of navigation and easily write your own modules.

Comment

Originally posted by feldon23
          vBAdvanced is more of a portal than a CMS.
          That's right, but regardless of the Portal/CMS controversy, most of the users whose forums are the only source of content would be happy with vBadvanced. He can set a news forum to be inactive so it doesn't appear on the forum listings, then create a module & push threads into it from that forum.
          Originally posted by feldon23
          You can't create a menu structure and system of navigation and easily write your own modules.
          Why can't?
          You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

He mentioned phpNuke, which is a true CMS. There are a hundred things you can do in it that you can't do with vBAdvanced.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X