Extensibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extensibility

I am currently running a community website and am looking for more powerfull forums. I was wondering if vBulletim supports any of the following:
    • Support/integration with any php-based photo-gallery (such as coppermine or gallery 2).
    • Available APIs so that I can code custom scripts that can use the same user-base as vBulletin.
    Thanks in advance.

vBulletin is highly extensible. It supports a custom template system that allows you to change anything about the look and feel. It also has a Plugin/Product system that allows you to add functionality for your site without editing any of the core files. You can create custom permissions, settings, admin control panel areas and more simply using the Product system and never change a core file.

vBulletin also has Data Managers that allow you to easily insert information into the database without worrying about validation procedures and other coding nightmares. The vBulletin API is fully documented and available to all customers within the member's area.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Regarding gallery integration, there are many scripts that integrate perfectly with vBulletin. Some are free, some aren't. There is a large community for vBulletin hacking & modifications at www.vbulletin.org. You can post in their Pre-sales forum for more info about these scripts. Also, Photopost has a well-known gallery that works just fine with vBulletin, however it's commercial.
      You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

Is there support so that I can use vBulletin sessions/cookies to find out what user is currently logged in?

Comment

i believe you can do that just by including vbulletin's global.php file, there may be other ways to do it but that would be the easiest; again take a look over at vbulletin.org for all the info and see exactly what people have done with vb.
          Some of my Mods:
          Advanced IP Ban Manager (vb3.6+ version) - Fine grained control over blocking trouble makers.
          Advanced IP Ban Manager (vb4 version) - Fine grained control over blocking trouble makers.
          Use Original thread for Comments - Uses the original thread for comments for any forum threads promoted to CMS articles.
          Custom Friendly Urls - Allows customisation of forum urls from the admin CP.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X