Whats with da price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats with da price?

Whats with the price? Money greediness or what?
    IMO if your going to charge $85 for leased why not make it lifetime?

They have a life time for 160.. and well worth it.

Comment

I know. But i think the downloads should be LIFETIME!

Comment

Sorry, that's our pricing policy.
        Compared to other forum solutions, we're very cheap.
        Best Regards
        Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

You are purchasing a lease of the license for use for a year, ideal for those with experimental projects that may not see a year.

It's not about greediness, it's about providing great support and continued development of the product.
          Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Nothing's "up" with the price. I challenge you to find a better value-for-money forum solution on the Internet. It's an excellent product, well worth the price.

Comment

I'll consider converting when my IPB updates run out.

Comment

You get what you pay for.
                Forums

Comment

vbulletin's owned liscence system is competitively priced and the support here is bar none better than the rest. Its well worth the price in my humble opinion.
                  Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

Did you guys ever consider charging $299 for lifetime updates and support with a VB owned license?

Comment

It's probably been consistent, but Jelsoft seems to pride itself on having consistent prices for the past 5-6 years.
                      Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Angel-SL
                        Whats with the price? Money greediness or what?
                        IMO if your going to charge $85 for leased why not make it lifetime?
                        vBulletin is one of, if not THE best forum software out there, and I've worked with plenty of 'em. It's incredibly customizable, and easy to manage, not to mention competitively priced (though other people mentioned that). The support is excellent.

As for the prices, I think they're more than fair, considering the amount of time the vB dev. team has put into making such an exceptional product. I doubt its easy work having to code everything and make it work, as well as constantly fix bugs that pop up all while developing the NEXT version.

Comment

There very cheap and the program itself is exellent.

The Support is exellent also..!

Comment

$30/year or $2.50 is pretty cheap when you own it.
                            Paying $85/year twice is crazy when you can own it for $160. Also, $85/year is $7/month and $160 is a one time fee. Also, I see where the guy is coming from because you got to pay for the Internet, domain, and hosting fees. So, I get why he would be worried. Not everybody has a good budget.

Comment

We have no means to provide you with a discount on a single license. If you require multiple licenses we can offer you a discount from 3 licenses or more. We have no plans to reduce the license, however if you purchase before April you enjoy the license a bit cheaper as we will add VAT on top of the license price from April on. See latest announcement.

Our licenses are priced competitive and to be honest rather cheap compared to the competition, especially as the price has not increased but the features, performance, security and customer support has!

To offer the consumer a cheaper solution we offer the leased license for $85 instead.

The owned license costs $160 which is lifetime. A great solution for most communities.

We're looking forward to your purchase.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X