Multiuser license

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiuser license

Is there a multiuser license for vBulletin? Some body told me that he has a multiuser license and he can sell licenses to other people for less price than the owned license. Is that possible? And if it is possible, what exactly he should provide to whom he sold that license?

That information you received is inaccurate. There is no such thing. Report him to http://vbulletin.com/piracy
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

If he were to buy the licenses in bulk he could sell them and make a profit.

Comment

Except that license transfers are not legitimate until Jelsoft has agreed to the change, which prevents resale of that nature.

At some point it would be nice to see an Enterprise or Site License version of vBulletin made available, but I would not expect it tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by ashraf_gawdat
          Is there a multiuser license for vBulletin? Some body told me that he has a multiuser license and he can sell licenses to other people for less price than the owned license. Is that possible? And if it is possible, what exactly he should provide to whom he sold that license?
          No, this is illegal. Please PM we with the info about this person, particularly an email address and URL to his forums.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I don't know his forum and I think he doesn't have one. He only told me that in an oral conversation to tell him if somebody wants to buy a license. If I know his forum sure I will tell you.

But what about buying the licenses in bulk as harmor said? If he bought many licenses with one user would every one of them have a different costumer number or all of them would have the same costumer number?

Comment

slightly off at a tangent but i've seen hosting companies that offer free BB boards (usually phpbb althou there was one that did ibp i think) with hosting packages.

If someone was to buy a dozen vb liscenses at bulk prices, would they be able to do something like the above using vb? If not would it be something you'd consider allowing in the future? (presumably with a site liscense or something allowing any number of boards to be run from the same server/ip/whatever)
              Some of my Mods:
              Advanced IP Ban Manager (vb3.6+ version) - Fine grained control over blocking trouble makers.
              Advanced IP Ban Manager (vb4 version) - Fine grained control over blocking trouble makers.
              Use Original thread for Comments - Uses the original thread for comments for any forum threads promoted to CMS articles.
              Custom Friendly Urls - Allows customisation of forum urls from the admin CP.

Comment

No, it still falls under a breach of the license agreement.

Comment

Does that mean if I bought 50 licenses I can't resell them again to any one?!

Comment

The Software is licensed only to you. You may not rent, lease, sublicence, sell, assign, pledge, transfer or otherwise dispose of the Software in any form, on a temporary or permanent basis, without the prior written consent of Jelsoft.

Jelsoft may, in its discretion, allow you to transfer your license to another party, providing the license:
                    • has not already been transferred in the previous 12 months; and
                    • was purchased more than 3 months in the past.

Comment

shame, it'd be a good thing to get free with a hosting package
                      Some of my Mods:
                      Advanced IP Ban Manager (vb3.6+ version) - Fine grained control over blocking trouble makers.
                      Advanced IP Ban Manager (vb4 version) - Fine grained control over blocking trouble makers.
                      Use Original thread for Comments - Uses the original thread for comments for any forum threads promoted to CMS articles.
                      Custom Friendly Urls - Allows customisation of forum urls from the admin CP.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X