Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ipb discount?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ipb discount?

    Do you give discount to ipb users that want to migrate to Vbulletin? Just curious....

  • #2
    No, there are no discounts.
    Forums

    Comment


    • #3
      Odd you be asking so soon after you had that forum for 3 months? I see that everything is free including to install and phone help? I wonder how is the support on that site. It looks like member to member help, and how do you get help on phone and what kind of question are answered?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Quillz
        No, there are no discounts.
        I'll see if I can get some to buy or swap....if you know someone that might be interested send me a pm....I have the perpertual license...

        Comment


        • #5
          The reduction in price the damage in order to acquire vbulletin, much bad one your question.Hi
          Le mie traduzioni, le potete scaricare qui: http://vbulletinitaly.it
          My translations, you can download here: http://vbulletinitaly.it

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Omeka
            The reduction in price the damage in order to acquire vbulletin, much bad one your question.Hi
            Omeka...
            Come again? I can't say I understand your statement....

            Comment


            • #7
              vbulletin offers discounts when you have multiple liscences. Kind of nice actually!
              Plan, Do, Check, Act!

              Comment


              • #8
                Some people fail to realize it doesn't matter what forum software you have usually. Its more about the topics you are talking about and the type of site you have. If its something thats generally unpopular, it won't matter what type of forum software you have. You need to be active, make the site interesting, etc etc. Lifeischoice's site doesn't interest me at all. It has nothing to do with the type of forum being used. Its a false sense of security that if you get IPB or VB that all of a sudden your activity and memberships will skyrocket. Not true. If you don't have an interesting site or subject/topic to begin with, then don't expect the site to be all that active either.

                I also don't understand that sites point or what its supposed to do or be about. When I saw the name of the site I thought it had to do with anti-abortion or something.
                Last edited by whitetigergrowl; Mon 27th Feb '06, 6:46am.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by whitetigergrowl
                  Some people fail to realize it doesn't matter what forum software you have usually. Its more about the topics you are talking about and the type of site you have. If its something thats generally unpopular, it won't matter what type of forum software you have. You need to be active, make the site interesting, etc etc. Lifeischoice's site doesn't interest me at all. It has nothing to do with the type of forum being used. Its a false sense of security that if you get IPB or VB that all of a sudden your activity and memberships will skyrocket. Not true. If you don't have an interesting site or subject/topic to begin with, then don't expect the site to be all that active either.

                  I also don't understand that sites point or what its supposed to do or be about. When I saw the name of the site I thought it had to do with anti-abortion or something.
                  Whoa! all of that from just wanting to change a piece of forum software? well, I think you're reading too much into this "preference thing"...Let me know if I can help....BTW thanks for visiting the site....

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Lifeischoice
                    Whoa! all of that from just wanting to change a piece of forum software? well, I think you're reading too much into this "preference thing"...Let me know if I can help....BTW thanks for visiting the site....
                    Yes. I see it too many times. I mean why else would you fork over the money to get IPB...only a few months later to want to fork it over for VB to convert. (Or vice versa.)

                    In many of those cases it was because they felt that by changing the forum software, it would increase user activity both on the forums and the # of people joining. Thats the furthest from the truth. If you got VB, converted your forums, and still got the same result, then what?

                    Too many times webmasters fail to recognize (or just don't want to admit) that it could be them. My forum is a popular forum for its 'niche' with close to 2,700 members (originally having over 3,600 May of last year after being open a little over a year until my webhost fubar'd everything) in just abit over 8 months. I've got lifetimes for both VB and IPB and use both. And most of my members don't care if I switch from one to another. People usually want an incentive to join...a reason. Content, activity, atmosphere, etc. Most could care less what forum software it is.

                    When I went to your site I saw only you posting or copy and pasting of articles from elsewhere. I couldnt tell for sure which it was. The site and forum need a sense of direction and purpose. Advertise it. Submit it to the search engines. Building the site then leaving it hoping that it automatically does well, doesn't help either if thats what has been done. And from what I have seen, thats what has been done.

                    I also got lost with the layout. It was simple in a sense...but once I got to some of these areas it just seemed like nothing more than advertising of some sort. I couldn't tell if it was religious or new age or what. IMO. Which for alot of people is a turn off since there seems to be no actual direction. I saw and felt no actual 'correspondance' with a living human being on that forum. Felt more like an infomercial.

                    Get VB if you want...but also understand that the forum software being used, is only as good as the person running/using it. Best of luck and wishes and I hope things turn around for ya.
                    Last edited by whitetigergrowl; Mon 27th Feb '06, 5:54pm.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by whitetigergrowl
                      Yes. I see it too many times. I mean why else would you fork over the money to get IPB...only a few months later to want to fork it over for VB to convert. (Or vice versa.)

                      In many of those cases it was because they felt that by changing the forum software, it would increase user activity both on the forums and the # of people joining. Thats the furthest from the truth. If you got VB, converted your forums, and still got the same result, then what?

                      Too many times webmasters fail to recognize (or just don't want to admit) that it could be them. My forum is a popular forum for its 'niche' with close to 2,700 members (originally having over 3,600 May of last year after being open a little over a year until my webhost fubar'd everything) in just abit over 8 months. I've got lifetimes for both VB and IPB and use both. And most of my members don't care if I switch from one to another. People usually want an incentive to join...a reason. Content, activity, atmosphere, etc. Most could care less what forum software it is.

                      When I went to your site I saw only you posting or copy and pasting of articles from elsewhere. I couldnt tell for sure which it was. The site and forum need a sense of direction and purpose. Advertise it. Submit it to the search engines. Building the site then leaving it hoping that it automatically does well, doesn't help either if thats what has been done. And from what I have seen, thats what has been done.

                      I also got lost with the layout. It was simple in a sense...but once I got to some of these areas it just seemed like nothing more than advertising of some sort. I couldn't tell if it was religious or new age or what. IMO. Which for alot of people is a turn off since there seems to be no actual direction. I saw and felt no actual 'correspondance' with a living human being on that forum. Felt more like an infomercial.

                      Get VB if you want...but also understand that the forum software being used, is only as good as the person running/using it. Best of luck and wishes and I hope things turn around for ya.
                      Thank you very much for your input..I do appreciate it.....Let me know if you want to help....

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        IL buy your license for two pounds


                        Any higher bids?

                        No.

                        Two pounds to the person called echo_unlimited. :P

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Thats 4 US dollars... Also, if they had a IPB discount, people could lie and use it to cheat and cut off money.

                          Comment

                          widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X