Using Vbulletin (Owned Lic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Vbulletin (Owned Lic)

Can you use vbulletin ( Owned License) for more than 1 website/domain name. Say I have 5 domains and I want to install a copy of vbulletin on 1 or all 5. Can I do this?.....please lmk or does every website/domain name have to have its own license. Thanks, Mark

I believe that this is how it works;
    If the domains ALL point to the same forum (so all are identical in output) then I think it's fine. However if the forums differentiate between domains then it is not allowed.

Comment

Moderator Can You Answer this?

Originally posted by highway101
      Can you use vbulletin ( Owned License) for more than 1 website/domain name. Say I have 5 domains and I want to install a copy of vbulletin on 1 or all 5. Can I do this?.....please lmk or does every website/domain name have to have its own license. Thanks, Mark

Im looking for an authoratative answer form the vb staff on this. thanks

Comment

Per the license agreement:

vBulletin licence grants you the right to run one instance (a single installation) of the Software on one web server and one web site for each licence purchased. Each licence may power one instance of the Software on one domain. For each installed instance of the Software, a separate licence is required. Modifications to the software or database to circumvent the one-license-one-board rule are prohibited.
        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

If you want a response directly from Jelsoft (developers of vBulletin), please e-mail [email protected].

Some of the best answers on vBulletin.com come from fellow forum operators.

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
            Per the license agreement:

vBulletin licence grants you the right to run one instance (a single installation) of the Software on one web server and one web site for each licence purchased. Each licence may power one instance of the Software on one domain. For each installed instance of the Software, a separate licence is required. Modifications to the software or database to circumvent the one-license-one-board rule are prohibited.
            Ok so say I have it installed on one of my domains and then decide to change the vb software to another domain and delete the vb software in the 1st domain name...is this ok?...I under stand that 1 single application is ok and no more than 1 application is to be running concurently..correct?

Comment

Yes, you can change the site later as long as you are only running one copy at a time.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

your awnser can be found in this thread which is stickied in this category
                http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103150

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X