Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floris
    replied
    If our functions, source code and otherwise images or stuff that we sell is used .. yes, of course.

If global.php is included the vbcode is used, it is powered by vbulletin.

For specific and individual advice please contact [email protected]

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    You may need to consult a lawyer on this, but to the best of my knowledge, so as long as you are not using code directly from vBulletin, no copyright is needed. However, it would be nice if you indirectly give credit to where it belongs.

You should open up a formal dialogue with Jelsoft via a support ticket in regards to this matter and provide them a copy of the source code to review so that they can evaluate and see whether copyrights are needed.

Leave a comment:

• KingSpade
    started a topic Developing w/ vBulletin - Questions

Developing w/ vBulletin - Questions

This isn't specifically a pre-sales question, seeing as I am already a customer, however, I'd like to know if the vBulletin copyright information needs to be displayed on products (non-commerical, custom) using the vBulletin backend and structure.

The product or coding in general is more of a custom CMS using vBulletin as the backend for template management and the MySQL class they use. I mean, why buy a CMS that costs more when vBulletin can double as a CMS and a forum .

This really isn't stated upfront in the license agreement that I am aware of, although maybe it is and I've simply overlooked it.

Again, not specifically pre-sales, however, the remaining forums are for general support and bug tracking so this is the best place for it .
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X