Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

phpnuke -> vbulletin

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • phpnuke -> vbulletin

    I know you get alot of questions about phpbb to vbulletin but the last thing i want to do is spend the money only to find out my specific case doesnt work. i have to use phpnuke for my gaming ladder script. now, considering we have about 500 teams that will be using this site we figured it would be best to go with a premium forum like vb. i want to be sure i understand correctly that
    • i can integrate vb to phpnuke?
    • when you click on forums the vb comes up?
    • the forum will be "inside" the nuke site?
    • when users register to the nuke site they are registered to vb?

    this is a fresh install of phpnuke 7.8 with patch 3.2. the only members at this moment are myself and anonymous. thank you in advance for your help and patience.

  • #2
    wait for vb cms to come one

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by infexious
      wait for vb cms to come one
      Sorry, that went right over my head...

      Comment


      • #4
        its a bit of an ongoing joke, vbulletin announced they were developing a "phpnuke" type script about 2 years ago?? and since then have denied everything..

        Comment


        • #5
          The only official word is that it's under consideration. Whether it would be developed or not has yet to be determined.

          And yes you can import in from phpNuke. Just note you'd need to slightly modify the phpBB importer so that you can import the phpBB forum into vBulletin.


          Integration with vBulletin is quite a tricky one as you are talking about two different password hashing methods. I have a rough integration going on at WorldSims right now and stuff are being distributed both ways. I never finished getting around to completeing the Your Account module changes. Out of simplicity sakes, I kept the forums outside of the module system. You could hack the module system to redirect people to the forums outside of the phpnuke system.
          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ManagerJosh
            The only official word is that it's under consideration. Whether it would be developed or not has yet to be determined.

            And yes you can import in from phpNuke. Just note you'd need to slightly modify the phpBB importer so that you can import the phpBB forum into vBulletin.


            Integration with vBulletin is quite a tricky one as you are talking about two different password hashing methods. I have a rough integration going on at WorldSims right now and stuff are being distributed both ways. I never finished getting around to completeing the Your Account module changes. Out of simplicity sakes, I kept the forums outside of the module system. You could hack the module system to redirect people to the forums outside of the phpnuke system.
            The only problem I see with that is that people will have to register twice.

            Comment


            • #7
              Actually for myself, I use vBulletin itself and centralize all the data. From there, the data is sent to various installations. So people now technically only have to login twice.
              ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
              Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                Actually for myself, I use vBulletin itself and centralize all the data. From there, the data is sent to various installations. So people now technically only have to login twice.
                What is involved in the switch over from phpNuke to vBulletin. I have started trolling related links, but have the same situation where i have a phpNuke site and want to run vBulletin as the forum, yet still integrating the data.

                Graham

                Comment


                • #9
                  You actually have it easier. I had to have a custom script written up to bring things over. Now there's Impex and it has support (indirectly) for PHPNuke. You just need to modify the configuration a little bit to make sure it imports the right data over from the phpBB aspect of phpnuke.
                  ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                  Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                    You actually have it easier. I had to have a custom script written up to bring things over. Now there's Impex and it has support (indirectly) for PHPNuke. You just need to modify the configuration a little bit to make sure it imports the right data over from the phpBB aspect of phpnuke.
                    I am sure i have it easier It seems to be the way with good development, but for us that don't have alot of experience with such matters, it comes across abit daunting.

                    At any rate, with vBulletin installed, how much integration is there between vBulletin and phpNuke? Can they work together like phpBB, or are they more/less independent to each other?

                    As for the import, what kind of modifications are needed. I have looked at a few other threads, but they seemed to be abit dated, in terms of accuracy.

                    Thanx

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      they are totally seperate entities unless you write codehacks to bridge them together.
                      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

                      Comment

                      widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X