How would I run 2 forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would I run 2 forums

Hi i am planning to buying vbulletin. I have a question though. I want to run 2 different forums for 2 websites (both hosted on the same server). The look and feel of the forums will be different. I want them to share a database. When the user signup for this one forum they would automaically be signed up for the other. Is there a function in vbulletin. Thanks

No there is no function for this in vBulletin. You might want to look at vbulletin.org if there is a modification for this, but i doubt it.

Also be aware that you would need 2 licenses to run the setup you describe.
    Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
    Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

two forums hosted on the same server can not share the same database.. If you do then what ever you change on the one (add a new carogry) will happen on the other forum..

You will need to create two databases..

VB_1
      VB_2

or something, you can ask over at vb.org and we might be able to make a mod so that when a user registers on one they will on the other.

Hope this helps.

-CrazyShooter

Comment

That is not really true. Even when using a single database, each board can use their own Table Prefix. There is a modification at vB available that let them still share the same user table. But this has a lot of negative side-effects in my opinion.
        Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
        Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X