Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VBulletin-Forum Migrations and Templates Ports available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VBulletin-Forum Migrations and Templates Ports available?

Hey guys,
    I have been using phpbb for a while now, I see there is a port out to migrate my posts into Vbulletin.

I have 2 questions:

1.) If I have a template I like in phpbb, can I get it ported into Vbulletin?
    Here it is:
    http://www.phpbbdesigns.com/index.ph...es=1&style=169
    If so what do I need to do? Do I have to pay someone?

2.) I have 3 forums total in phpbb, I would like to merge them all into 1 vbulletin board. All three boards share the same user database but posts/categories and topics are different. Is it possible to merge then into one vbulletin system?

Thanks for your help/insight.

1) Not automatically. With vBulletin's template system, it's very easy to make your forums look like that; take a look at the Style Manager in the Admin Demo (located here) if you haven't already; you'll notice you will no longer have to hack into phpBB's files to skin your forum. I'ts pretty easy to modify, but if you want, there are people who will help you transfer the style over.

2) Yes; ImpEx can grab all the threads/posts from the other forums and transfer them into one. Users will be merged based on e-mail adrresses (meaning, if a user has all of the same e-mail address on all the sites, those users will be merged into one account).
    Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

Originally posted by Onimua
      1) Not automatically. With vBulletin's template system, it's very easy to make your forums look like that; take a look at the Style Manager in the Admin Demo (located here) if you haven't already; you'll notice you will no longer have to hack into phpBB's files to skin your forum. I'ts pretty easy to modify, but if you want, there are people who will help you transfer the style over.

2) Yes; ImpEx can grab all the threads/posts from the other forums and transfer them into one. Users will be merged based on e-mail adrresses (meaning, if a user has all of the same e-mail address on all the sites, those users will be merged into one account).
      Onimua,

Your not just trying to sell me on this? It sounds too good to be true.
      "Users will be merged based on e-mail adrresses (meaning, if a user has all of the same e-mail address on all the sites, those users will be merged into one account)"- That exactly what I need. That is great news.

Are there a lot of hacks/modifications for vbulletin as well? it seems to have all the ones I need, shop/cash -user ratings, pm etc..Are there others that make it really stand out?

Thanks again.

Comment

You can read more about ImpEx here (hoping the link works; I seem to have trouble with it sometimes): http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex

The default vBulletin installation does not inclue a shop/cash system, but they are available. All hacks, plugins, skins, etc. can be downloaded from vbulletin.org.

Comment

Thanks I have been doing a lot of reading looks good.

One more thing.

My main site is Postnuke CMS system
          http://www.pbxinfo.com
          Does VB have a comparable CMS system that integrates with the forum?
          I am checking out VBadvanced but I don't know if that has even a quarter of the mods that postnuke has. What kind of CMS or Mod Add on are there for VB?
          I am thinking that if I start using VB I might as well possibly change my site over to use most of the feature if I can match most of the up.

Thanks again

Comment

There's no official vBulletin CMS; there have been rumors, and a few years ago it was started but shelved I believe; apparently things have been developing as Jelsoft has been working on and mentioning hints at other products (such as a blog add-on).

What specific features are you looking for? There are some add-ons to vBadvanced on vbulletin.org as well if you look around. If you mention which features you're looking for, it may help determine whatyou may need to search for.

Usually the most common things are already made; just a matter of finding them.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X