Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floris
    replied
    It's fixed in matter of minutes, but we also audit our own software to make sure duplications of these issues occur in older and future versions and in other locations. And then we test it, and write a patch for free-download. And patch our existing software and prepare for full version upgrade.

Additionally I'd like to point out that it is not usual business to provide encoded versions. We review this request on an per individual basis. The admin demo hosted on our web site will be enough for most situations, and extending the demo time is an option.

Leave a comment:

• feldon23
    replied
    vBulletin security flaws are usually fixed in HOURS and even if a fix takes a few hours, a workaround to immediately close the hole is usually posted before that.

You will want to Subscribe to the "Announcements" forum here on vBulletin.com so that you immediately get new e-mails the moment something new comes up. To avoid panic and to make sure that all the kinks get shaken out of any new patches they put out, Jelsoft generally does not announce security patches through their e-mail system for at least 24-48 hours. It's a balance between top security and mass panic.

Leave a comment:

• WisTex
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Austin
    I think he wants the demo so he can install hacks. Although you'll need a legal license to install hacks.
    No, just need something to demo by Tuesday. I am thinking of using Subdreamer for the CMS and vBulletin for the forum.

Originally posted by curry684
    As for the choice between phpBB and vBulletin, that's simple to sell by pointing at 1.920.000 Google hits on 'phpBB hacked'
    Yes. Which is part of the reason why I want to avoid it. However there has been an upsurge in attacks against all popular forums lately. In fact, all forum software packages that are still supported by their developers recently issued security updates to patch a common vulnerability, including vBulletin. I'm less concerned with the holes than how fast they are fixed once they are found. No software is 100% secure.

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
    Contact [email protected] regarding encoded licenses.
    Thanks. I'm e-mailing you now.

Leave a comment:

• Scott MacVicar
    replied
    Contact [email protected] regarding encoded licenses.

Leave a comment:

• curry684
    replied
    As for the choice between phpBB and vBulletin, that's simple to sell by pointing at 1.920.000 Google hits on 'phpBB hacked'

Leave a comment:

• RattleSnake
    replied
    I think he wants the demo so he can install hacks. Although you'll need a legal license to install hacks.

Leave a comment:

• WisTex
    replied
    Actually the forum is secondary. I am actually trying to show them how a forum will be useful for their website. I am actually going to build a demo with a CMS that is compatible with vBulletin, and would like to be able to show them the forum too. They could actually care less about the admin part of vBulletin since they won't be administrating it, I will be.

I'm sold. But they are the ones paying for it, not me. They need to be sold by a demo website with their look and feel and their content.

The CMS I am considering is compatible with phpBB and vBulletin, so I could use phpBB for the demo. But the problem with that approach is that it would be hard to explain to them why we should use vBulletin if phpBB already works and from their standpoint does the same thing. I'd rather just present them with vBulletin and say this is what I recommend.

I like vBulletin because of the Admin and the look and feel. They may not have the same preferences over look and feel and don't have to deal with the Admin functions, so that won't be a selling point for them.

Leave a comment:

• curry684
    replied
    What more do you want to demo than the Admin CP demo and this forum itself can already show you?

Leave a comment:

• WisTex
    started a topic 30 Day Evaluation Version

30 Day Evaluation Version

Do you guys offer a 30 day evaluation version? The source code could be hidden/encrypted in the evaluation version. I'm not after that. I just need to set-up a demo site for a client and I want to use your software. If they like it and your software, we will purchase. If not, I will have to find another solution. I don't want to build the demo in phpBB because we will most likely stick with whatever I write the demo in and I'd rather use your software. Plus the fact that I don't want to write it twice.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X