Buying an owned license

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying an owned license

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forums and wanted to know something. When you buy an owned license, along with the extra stuff, it all, in total, costed me $235.00. Now here is what my question is. Would I have to pay $160 a year to have my license? Or just the $30 for updates and more?

Not sure what 'extra stuff' you mean. However with an owned license ($160) you get the right to run the software forever and access to the download section of the Members Area for one year. During that year you can download and install any new versions that are released. After the year is up you can renew the download access for $30/yr (the current price.) This is not a mandatory fee and you will still the right to run your current version for as long as you want. However if you want access to future updates you will need to renew this access.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      Not sure what 'extra stuff' you mean. However with an owned license ($160) you get the right to run the software forever and access to the download section of the Members Area for one year. During that year you can download and install any new versions that are released. After the year is up you can renew the download access for $30/yr (the current price.) This is not a mandatory fee and you will still the right to run your current version for as long as you want. However if you want access to future updates you will need to renew this access.
      Oh ok, thanks.
      One last question: Buying vB rather than running the demo gives you more features like name color change of mods and admins right?

Comment

there is no demo. Where are you getting the vbulletin from?
        Joshua Combs
        Webmaster/Founder Quad4forums.com | ECOTECforum.com
        Streamline Web Solutions
        [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Combs
          there is no demo. Where are you getting the vbulletin from?
          vBulletin.com, on the homepage there is an admin demo.

Comment

Um, you can't run your forum on vbulletin.com for free! That demo is deleted every 72 hours and you may not have users register and use that test forum. It's there solely to help you decide whether you want to buy the product.

The cheapest way to get started with vBulletin:
            • vBulletin leased license ($85/year)
            • Domain name from GoDaddy ($11/year)
            • Inexpensive web hosting* ($5-8/mo)
            You are, of course, welcome to buy the lifetime license to vBulletin for $160 which comes with 1 free year of software updates (renewable at any time for $30 for each additional year worth of updates).

*Avoid hosting at the same place you have a domain registered if you can. In case of billing and service disputes, you can just take your ball and go home, so to speak.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X