This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over my head-just one simple question please

I have been working with a friend to develop a website and my role has been the graphics. He's doing the hosting and has purchased vBulletin. The forum works very well. Unfortunately, my design started well before the forum was in place. The "masthead" graphic I designed is 822 px wide. My question: is there a simple way to make the forum that same width?

I'm sorry if this isn't the place for this, but since I don't own the license for the product, I guess I'm not allowed to ask in the "How Do I" threads. I've scanned the other threads and found some info about adjusting column width percentages, but since I don't have any access to the vBulletin administrator controls, I can't really experiment with it.

So... is it doable/simple to make a change like this? What are the options? CAn the the "liquid" forum (autostretch) be made to appear static? Any advice would be appreciated.

What version of Vb are you using? Also you can have your friend add you as a helper on the vb license. Just have him contact Vbulletin support for more info.
    Joshua Combs
    Webmaster/Founder Quad4forums.com | ECOTECforum.com
    Streamline Web Solutions
    [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Combs
      What version of Vb are you using? Also you can have your friend add you as a helper on the vb license. Just have him contact Vbulletin support for more info.
      It's version 3.5.3.

I'll pass on your suggestion. Although, my sense is that he likes to keep access to his forum controls to a minimum. I was hoping to be able to give him a solution that he could do on his own. If it's easier for me to do, I'll talk him into it.

Comment

just remember when you have board problems you will not get any answers unless you can proove that the board you are working on are licensed or fraudulant.

Anyways to get the width of your forums to match the header you need to go to teh themes Admincp/Style Templates/Edit All Style Options/ then look under Sizes and Dimensions and then the first option.

-Joshua
        Joshua Combs
        Streamline Web Solutions
        [email protected]

Comment

Thanks Joshua. That's exactly what I needed.

Comment

no problem, post the link to your forum so we can see your progress!
            Joshua Combs
            Streamline Web Solutions
            [email protected]

Comment

To get vB support on these forums you first need have the license owner register you for Priority Forum Support. To do this, have him go here:

http://members.vbulletin.com/membersupport_priority.php

...and enter your email address in one of the boxes
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X