Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can I run a second session of vbulletin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feldon23
    replied
    http://www.htmlite.com/HTA006.php

Leave a comment:

• mousi
    replied
    Originally posted by MarcoH64
    If you run your testboard on your local machine, and this is not reachable from the internet, you don't need to setup password protection.

As long as you take measurements to prevent users from accessing your testboard, you are within the license agreement.
    I want other users to have access to my apache server. How can I protect the testvb/ folder with a password? Can I do that from the apache configuration or from windows? I run Apache 2.0.55 on Windows XP

Leave a comment:

• Ryan Crocker
    replied
    Originally posted by echo_unlimited
    Is simply turning your board off-line good enough?
    No, it must be either in a password-protected folder called testvb/, or if it's on your local machine where only you can access it, it must be in a folder called testvb/.

Leave a comment:

• echo_unlimited
    replied
    Is simply turning your board off-line good enough?

Leave a comment:

• Marco van Herwaarden
    replied
    If you run your testboard on your local machine, and this is not reachable from the internet, you don't need to setup password protection.

As long as you take measurements to prevent users from accessing your testboard, you are within the license agreement.

Leave a comment:

• mousi
    replied
    I am considering buying an owned license of vbulletin. I want to use it on a public server (with 2 domains that will point to the same forum) and I also want to use it on my computer (with apache server) just for testing. How can I set a password to the testvb catalog so noone else can see the testvb? What else do I have to do to be legal?

Leave a comment:

• Lineman28645
    replied
    Yes it just needs a PW protect on it. You can set a PW protect in cpanel very easily.

Leave a comment:

• RattleSnake
    replied
    HTA Acess? I thought just regular PW protect.

Leave a comment:

• DelphiVillage
    replied
    yes aslong as you htaccess protect it it should only be accessible by you not by the public.The antipiracy stuff also ask you to call it "/testvb"

Leave a comment:

• NTFU2
    replied
    From my understanding, yes you can run a testing version of vBulletin.

Leave a comment:

• snoopgst
    started a topic can I run a second session of vbulletin?

can I run a second session of vbulletin?

Is it ok if I run a second copy of my vbulletin on a test server. It will only be for testing purposes?