This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pirated vb

Ok I'm going to be honest. I have been using a pirated vb version, however I dont want to use it no more. Therefore i just bought a valid vb license so i can be legal with my website. my only question is, do i need to re-install the legal vb version? if i do this, how do i keep from loosing all my style mods, members and posts?

any help appreciated.

Hm... well, happy you're being honest.

If there was nohing malicious implanted into the vBulletin database, I think it should be just a matter of overwriting the files with the official vBulletin ones.
    Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

Ok, I've only been using the illegal version for 1 month (tommorrow). Its still using the 3.5.3 version.

Comment

Well, it depends on hacks. Some might have file edits, and you'll need to change the files. Unless they're just plugins they will be good i think.

Comment

The current hacks I have installed are:

-ibProarcade

I think thats it...I'll have to ask this other guy who installed them.

Comment

I dont know if that hack has file edits from the forum directory. If it has tempelate edits, i thnk they should be in the tables. If their not, its not hard to do 2 tempelate edits.

Comment

Ok I'll ask him about it, he should know.

Comment

Yeah

Just need to do the file edits, and maybe tempelate edits, and all should go good.

Comment

Erm...wrong forum for technical support?
                  ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                  Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Please purchase a license and we'll be able to help with any further questions. You will need to use the files from your new license.
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X