Plesk or Cpanel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plesk or Cpanel?

Does anyone have any opinions on using Plesk or CPanel with VBulletin. Which is the best one to use?

If using cpanel is it best to get Fantastico as well?

(I am going to be running on a Linux VPS)

Cap10 Xb1s

Either will work, it is a matter of personal preference. I would for example choose cPanel over Plesk. And I would select Plesk over Ensim.

Comment

I'd definitely choose cPanel over Plesk any day. No contest.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yes indeed use cpanel. I'm a web host and use cpanel for my customers and myself. Best software for hosting.

Comment

I would rather have directadmin over it all, only because that is what I have right now lol
          Joshua Combs
          Webmaster/Founder Quad4forums.com | ECOTECforum.com
          Streamline Web Solutions
          [email protected]

Comment

cPanel is far superior to plesk or ensim.

Comment

i've had them all in the past plesk ensim pro and cpanel.The best in my eye is cpanel it is called "the leading control panel" for a reason.Wheter you have fantastico depends on your host but if you have dedicated you can install fantastico on your own

Comment

Aren't plesk, cpanel, ensim, etc all running vb powered forums? ... I know they did in 2004

Comment

cPanel is, not sure about the other 2. vB should run fine no matter what control panel you have though.
                  <Onimua> Congrats Chroder
                  <Onimua> You're a daddy.
                  <Chroder> eh
                  <Onimua> :)
                  <Chroder> uh oh

Comment

Yes, however managing the rest of the server could be an issue with plesk/ensim.

They've got diffucult to manage updates. cPanel is generally the eaistest to update, as far as mysql/php and apache go.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
                      Yes, however managing the rest of the server could be an issue with plesk/ensim.

They've got diffucult to manage updates. cPanel is generally the eaistest to update, as far as mysql/php and apache go.
                      I don't agree, we manage quite a few Plesk servers as well as cPanel servers... both got their quirks.
                      Plesk looks way better than cPanel imho, cPanel has way more functionality and better support.
                      Plesk offers more than an average user uses though..

Anyway, in the end it all comes down to personal preference

Comment

I'm sorry, I can't agree to plesk looking better.

Plesk uses a HUGE javascript heavy interface, and I've found it almost impossible to manage. I get frustrated just attempting to manage it.

cPanel not only offers more functionality, its much much easier to manage and work with.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterT
                          I don't agree, we manage quite a few Plesk servers as well as cPanel servers... both got their quirks.
                          Plesk looks way better than cPanel imho, cPanel has way more functionality and better support.
                          Plesk offers more than an average user uses though..
                          I have run into so many support issues with Plesk servers that are running badly outdated and insecure versions of PHP and MySQL that I have to respectfully disagree. In virtually every case the customer was told by their hosting company that they could not upgrade PHP or MySQL because this was on a Plesk server. I've never had a cPanel host say the same thing.
                          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Despite javascript heavy the plesk servers I manage go just fine. I have no problem loggin in and doing stuff - it goes as fast and slow as with cPanel. It's ensim that takes up to a full second per page load.

Comment

Originally posted by derekivey
                              cPanel is, not sure about the other 2. vB should run fine no matter what control panel you have though.
                              I found the cPanel one
                              http://forums.cpanel.net/

Ah, just had a lucky guess for Plesk
                              http://forum.plesk.com/

And the one for Ensim
                              http://forum.ensim.com/

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X