Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking of buying, couple of questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of buying, couple of questions.

I'm thinking of buying vBulletin (will not know for sure if I can until next month) and I have a couple of questions.

Firstly, are there any CMS systems that it integrates easily with? If so, which ones? I've seen some instructions for integrating with Joomla, are there any others? I'm trying Joomla out now, but I have very specific requirements from the CMS side, and would like seamless integration, so if theres anything better I'd like to know.

Secondly, I understand that you have to pay to remove the branding message. I don't mind saying 'Powered by VBulletin, Copyright Jelsoft [...]' but I'm a bit sqeamish about listing the version number at the bottom of the page. If you want to remove only the version number do you have to pay for the Branding Free package, or is it OK to do that as long as the rest of the footer is left intact?

Thanks.

You can remove the version number, but must keep the copyright information unless you purchase the branding free option.

Comment

Originally posted by Cromulent
      You can remove the version number, but must keep the copyright information unless you purchase the branding free option.
      Thats great news, thanks

Comment

There is a bridge to Joomla/Mambo. Realize that the integration with existing CMS software is not *great*. Users won't have access privileges on your CMS just because they have access privileges on your forum and vice versa.

There is an integrated Portal -- vBAdvanced CPMS. But that's probably too lightweight for what you are looking for.

Maybe some day, vB will offer LDAP authentication and ACL (Access Control List) support.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X