Really need answer before I purchase - post editor for unregistered posters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really need answer before I purchase - post editor for unregistered posters

Thank you to everyone who answered my questions in my earlier thread. I really need the answer to this final question before we definitely decide to purchase vb.

Our busy forum is used primarily by unregistered users. The big draw is that they can post anonymously. When I used the admin demo, I noticed that when I was posting as an unregistered/not-logged-in user, the input screen where you input posts is a very stripped-down version of the one where registered users post. We really need them to be able to use the same editing screen. It doesn't have to be WYSIWG - they just need to be able to have the toolbar with text enhancements, smilies, etc. I have searched and searched for where to change this option, but cannot find it. Can someone please help???

We are really wanting to purchase and install this weekend, but cannot do so unless we are sure that this will work.

Thanks for any input!!!

Please, anyone have any ideas here??? I really need this answered ASAP. It seems like it should be a simple thing that I'm missing as to how to change it, but I guess it might involve going into the code. I just need to know b4 purchase because this is a make or break feature for us!!

Thank you!

Comment

It may most likely be a change in the templates. If it is, off the top of my head, I'm not sure which... but chances are, yes, such a thing can be changed.
      Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

Please, does anyone have a definitive answer?

Comment

This is not built into vB and I don't know anyone who has figured out how to use a certain editor for guests. You may wish to post this question in the Pre-Sales section of vBulletin.org. That area is specifically for people who have questions about modifying vBulletin before they buy.

You're very lucky you haven't had problems with spammers and sickos taking advantage of your anonymous posting privileges.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X