Is it worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it worth it?

Well since I have a tax return this year that will cover most of the cost for vBulletin, I would like to know if it is worth the $160. I am on a tight budget, so I want to make a good choice if I am going to buy this.

Oh yeah, it's worth it!

The Admin Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators
    Articles - Forum Review
    Interviews:
    KierScottJerryAndreasSteveWayneJakeFlorisLogicianErwin
    Paul M

Comment

Yes it is..I was using "cough" "cough" invision. and with the tax money i bought the 160.00 vb board. and im on a very tight buget as a mother of 2 its worth every penny ( i just bought mine sat)
      Im having fun playing with everything

Comment

Why would you ask this kind of question on this board? You're going to get nothing but biased, pro-vB answers. That said, I think vB is well priced at $160, but it may not be for you. Check out the online demo before you make your decision. I wouldn't recommend vB if you just want a simple, minimalistic BBS. In that case, stick with something like Phorum or TinyBB.
        Forums

Comment

It's always been my belief that when you're just starting out, it's good to go with a free forum software, (I used phpBB) in case it doesn't fly, and then to upgrade to vBulletin when you've been established somewhat.

Of course this was before I found out you can use vBulletin on any one site at a time, so if one fails you can simply remove vB from it and use it elsewhere.

In the end it is your call, but I can tell you I haven't yet regretted purchasing my license, and I imagine everyone here feels the same.

Comment

well my isp uses vbulletin for there 'support' and stuff and i liked the look and the way it worked.So i took a look here decided to give it a shot and let me tell you ones you made the purchase you never look back

i've used a few of them in the past phpBB , IkonBoard etc .. but Vbulletin never dissapointed me in anything the others did

Comment

Originally posted by Quillz
              Why would you ask this kind of question on this board? You're going to get nothing but biased, pro-vB answers. That said, I think vB is well priced at $160, but it may not be for you. Check out the online demo before you make your decision. I wouldn't recommend vB if you just want a simple, minimalistic BBS. In that case, stick with something like Phorum or TinyBB.
              I am asking here because people normally give fairly unbiased opinions on whether or not someone should get it. If someone's situation in't a good one for VB, then the community here says so.

Comment

Originally posted by mykuhl
                I am asking here because people normally give fairly unbiased opinions on whether or not someone should get it. If someone's situation in't a good one for VB, then the community here says so.
                You're asking on vbulletin.com if vBulletin is right for you. What are you expecting to hear? People to say no and recommend IPB or phpBB? Questions like this should be asked on a third party website; all you get here is bias.
                Forums

Comment

K so I don't need to make another thread, how long does it take to be able to download the software and install it?

Comment

Assuming you are on broadband, it takes about a minute to download, and about 10-20 minutes to set up. You initially have to set up a configuration file, then upload all the files to your server via FTP, then finally run the installation files. It's not difficult at all, just time consuming.
                    Forums

Comment

No I mean is account creation on the vbulletin websie immediate or do I have to wait for activation or something.

Comment

It depends on what method you use. PayPal/Credit Card is usually instant I believe.
                        Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

If I understood you correctly, just by REGISTERING here does not give you to a license. You need to buy a license over at http://www.vbulletin.com/order

vBulletin isn't free.
                          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

You actually didn't. I was wondering about when I purchased the license, how long would it take for my registration of the account required to download vBulletin to be activated.

Comment

yes

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X