Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A few questions before I buy (and I want to buy tonight)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you guys win.

I'm buying....

now, where did I put that cc?

Comment

www.vbulletin.com/order

Right over there buddy
      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Keyser520
        you make a good salesman.

as far as features go, how does it compare? I like the mods, etc, I have on phpbb
        Well, vB's standard features are generally what you'd have to hack into phpBB. Of course, that doesn't make phpBB bad. You have to realize that vB is one of the few BBS solutions you must pay for, and therefore, you should ask yourself if the investment is really going to be worth it. How do you plan to earn the money back? For example, I run my board for fun; I make no money off of it. But the satisfaction I get from running the board is reimbursement enough.

But getting back to features, vB has many, many features that are standard with the stock installation. Like any other solution, you can always modify the stock installation by adding hacks, etc. With 3.5.3, though, the process is simplified with plug-ins. Instead of installing an entire hack, you just upload a single file, and the hack is automatically installed for you. And since it can be turned off via the ACP, you won't lose it when you upgrade. So far, I don't know of any other BBS that offers such a plug-in system, though I don't see why it couldn't eventually be offered.

So, is the vB the best BBS around? It's a matter of opinion. Some feel it's too bloated, others think the more features, the better. I certainly think it's worth $160 for an owned license, though. I recommend you check out the online demo, and also compare vB to IPB, the closest competitor. IPB is another pay-for BBS that is well worth the $185. By comparing both vB and IPB, you can make the best choice.
        Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Quillz
          Well, vB's standard features are generally what you'd have to hack into phpBB. Of course, that doesn't make phpBB bad. You have to realize that vB is one of the few BBS solutions you must pay for, and therefore, you should ask yourself if the investment is really going to be worth it. How do you plan to earn the money back? For example, I run my board for fun; I make no money off of it. But the satisfaction I get from running the board is reimbursement enough.

But getting back to features, vB has many, many features that are standard with the stock installation. Like any other solution, you can always modify the stock installation by adding hacks, etc. With 3.5.3, though, the process is simplified with plug-ins. Instead of installing an entire hack, you just upload a single file, and the hack is automatically installed for you. And since it can be turned off via the ACP, you won't lose it when you upgrade. So far, I don't know of any other BBS that offers such a plug-in system, though I don't see why it couldn't eventually be offered.

So, is the vB the best BBS around? It's a matter of opinion. Some feel it's too bloated, others think the more features, the better. I certainly think it's worth $160 for an owned license, though. I recommend you check out the online demo, and also compare vB to IPB, the closest competitor. IPB is another pay-for BBS that is well worth the $185. By comparing both vB and IPB, you can make the best choice.
          thanks for that . I bough vb. Now it's time to figure out how to conert my phpbb forums into vb....

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X