vBulletin + IIS/MSSQL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin + IIS/MSSQL

Is it a lot of effort making vBulletin run with MSSQL? I have a Windows server with php installed, but not mysql.

Yes, it would take an extreme amount of effort to make vBulletin run with MSSQL, because it is not designed to. I'd highly suggest running vBulletin with mysql, which does run in a windows enviorment.

Comment

How much mysql-specific sql is there throughout vB?

Edit: I know mysql runs on Windows, but I want to avoid it mostly because I've not installed/configured/secured/maintained mysql before.

Comment

Uh, vBulletin is written and optmized for MySQL specificly, its a mysql program. Someone spent several months porting it to PGSQL, I would imagine it would take time and serrious dedicated to re-write vBulletin for MSSQL.

It would be signiifcantly easier to just use mysql, on all aspects. Installing, configuring secureing and maintaing mysql is easier.

Comment

I chickened out and bought a seperate hosting account to stick vB on (which I've bought a license for now )

Comment

Originally posted by ben_
            I chickened out and bought a seperate hosting account to stick vB on (which I've bought a license for now )
            Nice! you won't regret it, and as stated - MySQL is superior IMO, cheaper and more stable than MsSQL.

Comment

I have one other question. Is it okay to remove "Powered by vBulletin" from the page title (not the footer)?

Comment

Yes.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

perhaps vb should do what most serious php developers do these days.... db abstraction

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X