Switching from UBB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switching from UBB

For all the obvious reasons, I want to switch from UBB to vBulletin.

I have a question regarding integration. My UBB board has been up for more than six years. I have a lot of users and many posts. I don't want to lose them all. Is it possible to switch over all the data from UBB 6.7.2 to vBulletin? Or would I essentially have to start all over and require all of my users to re-register. Also, I want to integrate the board with Mambo Open Source. A bridge is available from Mambo to integrate with vBulletin. Would the sales people be able to do the integration?

The integration is third-party code and therefore is unsupported. You'll need to do it yourself or find a third-party to do it
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

You might also want to look at Joomla. All of the core developers of Mambo left to form their own group to develop Joomla which has already had 7 maintenance releases and will be releasing a major update in March. Mambo development is at a standstill. You can easily import from Mambo into Joomla.

Comment

Originally posted by mumin
        ... I don't want to lose them all. Is it possible to switch over all the data from UBB 6.7.2 to vBulletin?
        Here is a rather round-about way to import everything from UBB to vBulletin: vB doesn't support convertors from UBB. However, I believe it does support conversion from phpBB. So ... there is a nice little converter available to move UBB systems 6.7x system to phpBB. If you install a phpBB system (it takes 5 minutes), you could then transfer your UBB installation to phpBB. From there, you could use the available phpBB to vBulletin convertor to make the rest of the transition. Check out the conversion utilities on the phpBB site to get the latest UBB/phpBB convertor, or send me a PM and I'll e-mail it to you.

This may be a bit of extra work, but since there isn't a direct UBB to vB conversion available, it is probably easier and cheaper than having someone do a custom conversion for your system.

-Danny.
        -Danny
        Danny's Home Page: www.dannyweiss.net
        DC Society of Certified Public Managers: www.dccpm.org

Comment

There is a direct import process. It's called Impex and is supported by Jelsoft. Now if it was an importer made by Infopop, I can see reasons why Jelsoft wouldn't support it.

I see several Importers...

Tier 1:
          EVE & Groupee
          ubb_threads
          Tier 2:
          ubb_classic 6.3 - 6.7
          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Thanks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X