Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vbulletin Chargebacks

OK, here goes for a rant.

I run 3 VB sites, and I have now had 2 different chargebacks from VB, and I am starting to get a bit pissed off with it.

I also run a Worldpay transaction site, so am fully aware of the info the Worldpay needs to match the AVS, and I am always careful to put the correct info, yet VB have decided in their infinite wisdom to can 2 valid orders.

My address is UK based, I am using a Goldcard with NO limit, etc etc etc, yet STILL, VB can the order. The order is passed by Worldpay as successful, so what the heck are VB playing at?????

I would understand it somewhat if I was based in some dodgy country, but I am in the UK, and using the right credentials.

You guys WILL be losing business sooner or later.

Rob

Originally posted by cobraclub
    OK, here goes for a rant.

I run 3 VB sites, and I have now had 2 different chargebacks from VB, and I am starting to get a bit pissed off with it.
    What do you mean by this? We don't issue chargebacks. Chargebacks are issued against us.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Due to the increasing incidents of credit card fraud, we have been required to implement a new system in order to protect ourselves against 'chargebacks'.
      In order for us to reduce the amount of chargebacks, we are now actively refunding certain transactions that have been flagged by the WorldPay and Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd systems as being of above average risk.
      Our systems have flagged your recent WorldPay transaction (xxxxxx), and your order has now been cancelled. Your credit card will not be charged for this order. If you still wish to run vBulletin on your web site, we ask that you kindly re-purchase the product using one of the following order methods:

Comment

I shop quite a lot online, and use the same address, and Worldpay has NEVER thrown my card or my address back at me.

Worldpay accepted the transactions, if VB didn't. then you guys ought to rethink your backend processes.

Worldpay notification below.

This confirmation only indicates that your transaction has been processed successfully. It does not indicate that your order has been accepted. It is the responsibility of Jelsoft Enterprises Limited to confirm that your order has been accepted, and to deliver any goods or services you have ordered.

Comment

I have explained this to you in your support ticket. At this time you can either re-order with WP using the correct billing info for your card (*your* card company said that the info you used was wrong) or you can order with Metacharge.

Any further questions will be handled in your support ticket. No need to have two conversaations going on.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Same card, same address works elsewhere without issue.

No further conversation necessary.

Comment

Not sure why your having issues as I'm from the UK also and bought vB using a Debit Card that takes visa etc. Worked first time for me and I was downloading vB about 15 mintues after the transaction.

So your case seems a little wierd

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X