owned vs. lease?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• owned vs. lease?

Say we get the leased version at this time and program it to our present site. Can we purchase the owned version at a later time without having to redo everything? I guess what i am asking, is it just a simple file we would upload from the leased version to the owned version?

My wife and I own/operate an adult dating/lifestyles website. We plan on having the forum programmed to have members photo's show up rather than choosing an avatar. Also having it so after members join our website, they can click on FORUM and it logs them on automatically using their username from the site rather than having to fill out more stuff to fill out not to mention having many, many <flash> games on the board for members to compete for high scores and trophies for fun.

I dont want to have to REDO all the programming if their is a difference in the two forums. Where do we get the games at anyways?

No, you will not. The only difference between the Owned and Leased license is the length of time you can use them, and the conditions in which they are used.

With an Owned, you will need to pay $30 in order to gain access to new downloads after a year of purchase (it isn't required unless you wish to gain access to new downloads). With a Leased, you must either take it offline or pay $85 to use the software for another year.

You can upgrade a Leased license to an Owned easily. If you upgrade it within 30 days of your purchase, it will be $85. After the 30 days, you will have to pay the $160 to make it an Owned.

Hope that helps.
    Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

games...

Where do we get the flash games, how much are they each and how would a person go about awarding the trophies to the champion for each high score?

Comment

There are two mods available at vbulletin.org. I dont use them so I am not sure how it works or where people are getting games off hand.

btw: owned liscence ends up being cheaper over time.
        Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

Go to vBulletin.org and download v3arcade and then do a search in Google for v3arcade games that is all you need to get awards etc.

Comment

It'll work out cheaper buying the owned license imo.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X