Webhosting question from a newbie.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Webhosting question from a newbie.

Hi, Just ordered vboard and I am looking for a new webhost. I use Yahoo Business hosting and from what I read here and results of the test file(failed) I need a new host. Better to start off right.
    Can someone tell me where I seen on here instructions on installing on a specific server. I searched and search and can not find where i seen it. I have a small site and do not expect more then a few hundered members.
    Thanks

First, insist that they put you on a Linux seerver. Their Windows servers have problems.

Then to fix the file upload problems:

1. Click on the 'Manage' tab
    2. Click on 'File Manager'
    3. Click on 'Create Subdirectory'
    4. Enter 'tmp' as the subdirectory name and click on 'Create Subdirectory'. Note, this name is case-sensitive so use lower case letters - tmp
    5. Enable Safe Mode:
    Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options -> Safe Mode Upload Enabled -> Yes
    6. And set you Safe Mode Temp Directory to:
    /tmp

To fix the email problems make sure the Webmaster's email address iin the vBulletin Options is using the same domain name as your forums.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I agree, you can still develop the site on your XP box (if that's what you use) but it's always best to find a server with the following specs:
      - Linux hosted
      - PHP
      - MySQL

And that's the essentials out of the way (at least, that's what I use). Then test the script again.

Comment

Thank you i've got the same problem

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X