General Extensibility Flexibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Extensibility Flexibility

Okay, a couple of quick questions as I determine of vBulletin is right for me.

#1. Does it allow extracting partial functionality to other PHP pages. For instance, I would like to have the 3 most recent conversation topics listed on the front page of the website.

#2. Can I easily leverage the user authentication system in vBulletin for other areas of my PHP site. I would like to create another MySQL, with some additional fields, then use the vBulletin user authentication as the key field to my local tables foreign key. Some psuedo-code might look like...

if (user.authenticated) {
    $myUserID = vbulletin.userid;
    $sql = "Select * from ExtrasTable WHERE userID = $myUserID";
    (do sql here)
    } else {
    echo "You are not logged in...please login";
    }

I'm not as worried about the details of doing this, just whether it's already been done or has the capability. I guess my question are related to extending the architecture outside of being "in" the vBulletin application.

Thanks,
    Roy

I answered these questions in your other thread:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=171504
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Okay, sorry, it threw off a big old error when I posted that, and I figured it probably didn't make it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X