Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much space does VB initially take up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much space does VB initially take up?

Hi,

After hankering after VB for a long while, I'm thinking about taking the plunge tonight (eek!), but as a last minute decision am also looking at putting it on a new domain as opposed to the one I was planning. (I may buy another licence later after having a good go around the software)

I've seen people recommending A Small Orange; the pack I would be looking at (as it would be soley to host VB) is the Tiny Orange- 75MB space and 3GB bandwidth. Initially, would this be enough to upload and run VB?

(Sorry if this is an enormously stupid question- my mind holds no knowledge of MB/GB whatsoever)

Much love,

Sarah

That's alright a new installation.

You may want to upgrade to a slightly hirght package later, but other than that it should be fine for just starting things out.
    Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/faqsales.php

Look for:

How much disk space do I need to run vBulletin?
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Aha! Sorry- I hadn't spotted that one... I must have been looking at a different page. That's good to read- it sounds as though that plan will be fine for the time being.

Thank you both for your speedy replies- I'll be ordering VBulletin as soon as my confirmation from A Small Orange comes through!

Comment

www.ugforums.org, my site, used to use medium hosting on ASO. Worked wonderful. I now have a dedicated server on another hosting company.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X