• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Floris
    What? Where? Quote me please
    quoting floris

Comment

Yes, you may remove the "powered by vBulletin" from the phrase that shows in the TITLE of the browser, between the <title> ..</title> tags. This does not require you to purchase branding free.

Yes, you may remove or rename the "vBulletin Message" phrase that appears on the redirect or error pages. This does not require you to purchase branding free.

Yes, you may remove the version number from the copyright in the footer. You can even change this to any number you like or just leave it out. This does not require you to purchase branding free.

No, you may not remove the name of the product, the copyright message or the year, or the company. So the minimum must read as per Colin's post: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...5&postcount=28 If you do want to remove this copyright you have to pay $120 for this option, and you can purchase it from the members area. This is a one time fee, per license.

Buying branding free option also permits you to remove the copyright from the footer of the archive/ feature, and other instances throughout the admincp/ public forums and modcp/ - such as phrases and images.

However, rebranding the software is not permitted, even if you purchased the branding-free option. You will never have permission to name it as if it is your own software. Example: Powered by MyForumSoftware version 1 - (c) YourCompany .. is rebranding and therefor not permitted. Neither is it permitted to remove the copyright from the PHP files.

The branding free option provides you with the option to remove the visual branding of the software, but it does not give you permission to rebrand the software, nor do you buy the copyright. The vBulletin software remains the intellectual property of Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Comment

What? Where? Quote me please
        It was a long time ago on IRC :P

But thanks for clearing it up anyways (above post).

Comment

Yes, you may remove the "powered by vBulletin" from the phrase that shows in the TITLE of the browser, between the <title> ..</title> tags. This does not require you to purchase branding free.

Yes, you may remove or rename the "vBulletin Message" phrase that appears on the redirect or error pages. This does not require you to purchase branding free.

Yes, you may remove the version number from the copyright in the footer. You can even change this to any number you like or just leave it out. This does not require you to purchase branding free.

No, you may not remove the name of the product, the copyright message or the year, or the company. So the minimum must read as per Colin's post: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...5&postcount=28 If you do want to remove this copyright you have to pay $120 for this option, and you can purchase it from the members area. This is a one time fee, per license.

Buying branding free option also permits you to remove the copyright from the footer of the archive/ feature, and other instances throughout the admincp/ public forums and modcp/ - such as phrases and images.

However, rebranding the software is not permitted, even if you purchased the branding-free option. You will never have permission to name it as if it is your own software. Example: Powered by MyForumSoftware version 1 - (c) YourCompany .. is rebranding and therefor not permitted. Neither is it permitted to remove the copyright from the PHP files.

The branding free option provides you with the option to remove the visual branding of the software, but it does not give you permission to rebrand the software, nor do you buy the copyright. The vBulletin software remains the intellectual property of Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
          That right there should be a sticky. (Good thing I found it with the search feature. )

Comment

I don't really care about the (c) notices; like others said, if I am running a good product, I'd like to get the word out.

Comment

I do not see a reason to remove the name of the product, I would be proud to show it off.

Comment

How would I go about removing the version part of the copyright notice only?

Comment

Originally posted by majickal View Post
                  How would I go about removing the version part of the copyright notice only?
                  You need to open a support thread in the forum for your version.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                  Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X