Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feldon23
    replied
    EZBoard is very expensive on a quarterly or yearly basis for medium-sized forums if you consider how much you and your users must pay to keep the offensive adult and spyware-laden advertisements off your forum.

Leave a comment:

• Wheels
    replied
    And that 30 bucks for the year can be done at any time. So you can hold off until version 9.0.4 comes out and pay it then.

Leave a comment:

• GraphicQueen
    replied
    yes, i did

thanks for all your help

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    No support? Have you tried filling out a support ticket like I recommended in your other thread?

Leave a comment:

• GraphicQueen
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke
    They charge for support though... Same concept, different implementation.

well im not getting any support here, so is there any way to get my money back??

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    We don't charge for completely new versions either. For $30 you can for example upgrade from version 2 to 3, or from 3.0 to 3.5, or from 3.5.1 to 3.5.3. Or from version 2 o 4. Without having to buy a license for each version. You purchase 12 months additional download access to get permission to download the latest releases, regardless which version. And our priority support is free.

Leave a comment:

• DelphiVillage
    replied
    hi,

I don't mind the $30 for access to upgrades.In fact i got an email from vbulletin this moning my licence whas about to expire (totally forgot about that) i renewed it consider it as showing your appriciation for the great product powering your site...

Leave a comment:

• Reeve of Shinra
    replied
    I originally purchased an owned 2.0.3 liscence.... my sporadic updating of the members area access has seen me through the 2.0, 2.2, 2.3, 3.0 and 3.5 series of upgrades. Not bad since I've had my forum for 5 years.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    They charge for support though... Same concept, different implementation.

Leave a comment:

• GraphicQueen
    replied
    thanks. i just bought it!

i was asking because invision power boards dont charge for updates.

Leave a comment:

• Scott MacVicar
    replied
    The extra cost is to cover development costs that have been made since you purchased your license.

Leave a comment:

• GraphicQueen
    replied
    ok thanks, i guess ill just get it then

Leave a comment:

• Boxy
    replied
    With an owned license you are allowed you to run the software forever. You get one year of free upgrades with your license which can be downloaded from the Members' Area. After this the current cost is just $30 per year for continued access to new versions. However, this is optional and you are allowed to continue running your current version for as long as you like

Leave a comment:

• GraphicQueen
    started a topic why do we pay extra...

why do we pay extra...

im wondering, whats up with the $30 a year for upgrades?? are they really a necessary??

thanks so much
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X