why do we pay extra...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why do we pay extra...

im wondering, whats up with the $30 a year for upgrades?? are they really a necessary??

thanks so much

With an owned license you are allowed you to run the software forever. You get one year of free upgrades with your license which can be downloaded from the Members' Area. After this the current cost is just $30 per year for continued access to new versions. However, this is optional and you are allowed to continue running your current version for as long as you like

Comment

ok thanks, i guess ill just get it then

Comment

The extra cost is to cover development costs that have been made since you purchased your license.
        Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

thanks. i just bought it!

i was asking because invision power boards dont charge for updates.

Comment

They charge for support though... Same concept, different implementation.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I originally purchased an owned 2.0.3 liscence.... my sporadic updating of the members area access has seen me through the 2.0, 2.2, 2.3, 3.0 and 3.5 series of upgrades. Not bad since I've had my forum for 5 years.
              Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

hi,

I don't mind the $30 for access to upgrades.In fact i got an email from vbulletin this moning my licence whas about to expire (totally forgot about that) i renewed it consider it as showing your appriciation for the great product powering your site...

Comment

We don't charge for completely new versions either. For $30 you can for example upgrade from version 2 to 3, or from 3.0 to 3.5, or from 3.5.1 to 3.5.3. Or from version 2 o 4. Without having to buy a license for each version. You purchase 12 months additional download access to get permission to download the latest releases, regardless which version. And our priority support is free.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                    They charge for support though... Same concept, different implementation.

well im not getting any support here, so is there any way to get my money back??

Comment

No support? Have you tried filling out a support ticket like I recommended in your other thread?
                      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

yes, i did

thanks for all your help

Comment

And that 30 bucks for the year can be done at any time. So you can hold off until version 9.0.4 comes out and pay it then.

Comment

EZBoard is very expensive on a quarterly or yearly basis for medium-sized forums if you consider how much you and your users must pay to keep the offensive adult and spyware-laden advertisements off your forum.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X