owned license question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• owned license question

I currently own a leased license (whoops.... ), I hope to buy an owned one later on..but I have one question:

I pa the 165 (or so) dollars to upgrade to it, this lets me have my board up for as long as I want, if I wish to upgrade to a later release it would be 30 dollars a year.

if I do NOT pay the 30 dollars, do I still have access to vbulletin.org? Support forums? Downloads/attachments here, or most importantly, can I still patch my board if I want to fix an exploit but I am not intrested in the new features?

Thanks

<3

The owned license costs US$ 160.
    And yes, you'll still have access to support and vBulletin.org after the year is up, even if you don't renew your members area download access.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Will I be able to patch it or add plugins to add security (like the options were on 3.5.3 release)....I don't know if that counts as upgrading the version or not...

One more question, can I re-download the version I already have even though my members area expired??

Comment

Yes you can still download patches and yes you can download older versions.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

awesome.

Thanks.

Comment

Rafael, nice to see you upgrade to a owned license buddy.

Comment

Gotta save up first

Comment

Hello.

To clarify, if one purchases a 'leased' license for $85, then decides before the 12 mo. period is up, to purchase an 'owned' license, will the total cost, in essence, be $85 + $160 or $245?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

If you purchased an owned license, you have an option to purchase the upgrade to an owned license at a "discounted rate" at 85.00

So 85+85

After the thirty days, you will need to pay the full price of $160.00 to get an owned license.

So 85+160
                  ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                  Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

If I customize 1 purchased board to act as a 'default infrastructure' for future purchased boards, must I manually add all of the revisions to each new license 1-by-1 OR can I duplicate that board and somehow apply the new license info? If so, how?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Ok real quick I have a owned license and am looking to download 3.5.3 am I missing something cause I cant find the members area or the download.

Duhhhh I found it disregard my post. lol
                      Last edited by bklynjava; Sat 14 Jan '06, 5:02pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X