This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to this

I currently own an Invision board(free version) but I wish to purchase a VBulletin Board. Can I upgrade my free invision board without loosing all my members and post ?

If you can obtain a copy or backup of the database then you can use the Impex IPB 1.3 import script.

From what I have heard getting the database from Invision can prove difficult and there is a fee involved too.

Comment

Here is the information about getting the database from InvisionFree. You will have to e-mail them and go back and forth and probably argue with them to get the database. You'll have to pay a fee. And they've been known to delete your forum as a parting "**** you" without giving you a copy of the data.

IPB are not nice people!

Comment

I suggest maybe just asking for a backup simply for your own archival purposes. Maybe that's the best way for asking for a backup.
        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by feldon23
          Here is the information about getting the database from InvisionFree. You will have to e-mail them and go back and forth and probably argue with them to get the database. You'll have to pay a fee. And they've been known to delete your forum as a parting "**** you" without giving you a copy of the data.

IPB are not nice people!

Dude that's really really low....do they really do that?

Comment

Originally posted by ATI4EVER
            Dude that's really really low....do they really do that?
            im worried now ive read that because i requested a backup / transfer yesterday

Comment

IPB people are good at spreading FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt).

Comment

Phear The Fud!!

Comment

We would love to impex your data from ipb free to vbulletin, but I believe it costs money to get the database. This is something you'd have to take up with IPS.

Comment

and taking it up with IPS may result in you getting nothing.

Some day, Jerry will write a harvester ala EZBoard.

Comment

IPB are not nice people!
                      Seriously? Great ... Looks like i'll be leaving my 1,100 posts behind then.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon.
                        Seriously? Great ... Looks like i'll be leaving my 1,100 posts behind then.
                        just ask them for the data (you just want the database) , tell them you have an ipb board ready to put it in.

send a support ticket from the if admin panel. they do take a while to get back to you though.

see this thread too http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173486 so it should all be ok.

they will provide it im sure (i had a positive response to my request) but im waiting now...
                        Last edited by yellow_spider; Tue 14th Feb '06, 3:36am.

Comment

IPB people are good at spreading FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt).
                          Dude, they arn't IPB their InvisionFree a hosting company, they have not done that, I know the InvisionFree staff quite well.

And if you're going to pay them a fee then in their wrong mind they wouldn't delete your board, they 'are' not like that man.

Comment

The question is asked, the answer is provided, the topic is exhausted. Thread closed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X