X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• doubleclick
    replied
    It works.

Although everything got imported, all the forums were appearing empty, with no posts.

The solution, provided by Colin is to update the counters (AdminCP -> Maintenance -> Update Counters).

Leave a comment:

• doubleclick
    replied
    ok Zach. I went ahead and bought a second copy of vb and tried to import it several times, with partial success.

Seems the importer script is not ready for 1.65

I'm filing a ticket as you suggested.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Too late? The importer only reads data from the source, and puts it into vB. theres nothing to destory or damage.

Leave a comment:

• doubleclick
    replied
    Have you tried running the importer? Did it work? If not did you submit a support ticket or bug report?
    1. no
    2. n/a
    3. no/no

Just trying see if Symen 4ab had found out the answer to his question regarding the import process before purchasing. Good to find out these things before its too late.
    Last edited by doubleclick; Tue 14 Feb '06, 4:13pm.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Have you tried running the importer? Did it work? If not did you submit a support ticket or bug report?

Leave a comment:

• doubleclick
    replied
    How is this coming?

I'd like to import my wowbb 1.65 as well.

I'm not a coder, but it seems that nothing was changed that would affect import. From their site:

What's new in 1.65:
    • Event calendar
      • Day/week/month views with auto-time zone adjustments
      • Recurring events with flexible options.
      • Public events (each user group can have its own public event viewing/posting permissions).
      • Private events only visible to members posting them.
      • Member birthdays can be displayed on the calendar (admin switch).
    • WYSIWYG text editor support for Mozilla/FireFox.
    • A new "rebuild templates" feature allows you to regenerate custom themes written for older versions of WowBB in order to make them work with current and future versions.
    • Full https (SSL) support.
    • Logos can be uploaded directly from your computer.
    • Offline boards now have admin login links.
    Major Bugs Fixed:
    • In some cases, da member with an expired paid subscription was not being moved to his original group. This is fixed.
    • Placing HTML forms including PayPal donation buttons in the wrong place will no longer stop the text editor/spell checker.
    • Virtually all template header variables such as $current_location can now be used in footer templates and vice versa.
    If its inapropriate to post these details here, I apologize, and please delete them with no hard feelings. Just trying to be helpful.
    Last edited by doubleclick; Mon 13 Feb '06, 1:45am.

Leave a comment:

• Mr_Butter
    replied
    He is in charge of impex.

Leave a comment:

• valen1
    replied
    Originally posted by LEAD_WEIGHT
    Nah, just contact Jerry and ask him to update it first or let him test your backup of forum to see if it works. You then purchase vBulletin & get the converter from members area and follow the instructions and your done.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/member.php?u=24628
    Who is Jerry!

Leave a comment:

• Symen_4ab
    replied
    Yup, if there are no database changes between those wowbb versions, you should be ok without Jerry modyfing Impex

Leave a comment:

• Jose Amaral Rego
    replied
    Nah, just contact Jerry and ask him to update it first or let him test your backup of forum to see if it works. You then purchase vBulletin & get the converter from members area and follow the instructions and your done.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/member.php?u=24628

Leave a comment:

• harmor
    replied
    I'm looking at this list http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_tier_2
    It has wowBB 1.63 so you have two options.

Upgrade from wowBB1.63 to vbulletin.
    Wait until one is made for your version.

Leave a comment:

• valen1
    started a topic Converting question before I purchase

Converting question before I purchase

I need to convert Wowbb1.65 to Vbulletin! Is there a converter for this?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X