Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google friendly URLs

being a user of PHPNuke, there is a addon called google-tap
    this as a add-on that rewrites URLs to revome the "?" and make the url google friendly so it can be crawled by the bots better, and be reported better is stats application

is there a feature like this (thats supported by vB) that i could use in vBulletin?

vBulletin has the Search Engine Friendly Archive that you can enable.

Though bots, exspecially Google, can crawl the dynamic pages just fine these days.
    vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

ok, i suppose i need to worry too much about that then...
      thanks

Comment

You can also purchase a plug-in called vB SEO. It's a third party hack, though. vB's built-in archive seems to work fine for most people.
        Last edited by Quillz; Sat 7 Jan '06, 4:30pm.
        Forums

Comment

@quillz: the name of that product is vbseo (vbseo.com).
          I use it and it has much more seo friendly urls then the archive has.
          I also includes much more then just the forum, but also profiles, etc.

Comment

For $99 it better.

Comment

It's $149, and yes, it does much more than just friendly URLs.
              vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

vb3 is already very spider friendly but yes, it would be a nice feature to have more human friendly urls like site.com/forums/forum-name/thread-title/
                Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X