Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Questions.

Heyo!

Right, this will sound very weird, but yeah answer them if you can. I'm currently 17 years old, don't have a job yet or anything. I love the vbulletin software! I have always loved it for years...always wanted my own forum aswell. The thing is I don't have a lot of money, but I got £200 for Christmas. Spending £100 on the software seems a bit much, feels like a waste, even though I really want it! Gah, I'm in love with vbulletin ;_;. Let's keep that our secret. So I thought well I could get the leased license, £50 isn't a lot of money and it would last me a year and by that time I'll probably have a job anyway.

So, as weird as all that sounds. Do you think I should just buy the Leased License? I'm getting myself a dedicated server soon, which will be used for a Game Server, so i'll be needing forums soon anyway, but they'll probably not be that busy, I really just like playing with the software to be honest. Oh and if I buy the Leased License, do I get access to vbulletin.org?

Thanks and Sorry for the weird Questions. (Btw I liked the older smileys! I hope you can still get them..)

You get access to vbulletin.org yes. As for whether to go for a leased or owned, I would say get an owned license as it works out cheaper in the end and you don't need to worry about licesnse expiring. Saying that I guess it is down to you, and yes £100 is a lot of money, so if £50 is more in your budget range then I guess you have already made your mind up?

Comment

Sounds good.

Saying that I guess it is down to you, and yes £100 is a lot of money, so if £50 is more in your budget range then I guess you have already made your mind up?
      Yep, it sure is. £50 license will do me for now, when the year is over If I still have a strong community and a better income I'll get the owned. Now just to post a check tomorrow.

Thanks!

Comment

But then how can you afford a dedicated server, which can cost several hundred a month?
        Forums

Comment

Ah, I thought someone might ask that.

Let's just say my dad helps me out a lot!

Comment

You also might be able to get donations before the next year comes up so you can purchase the license then. You'll get a try at running your forum to. It is interesting. I can atest to that.
            http://www.netcookingtalk.com/forums/

Comment

Why not just ask your dad to help you out a little more and get the owned liscence to start with since you'll be saving money?
              Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

I did that..

When I started with vB I didnt had a job. So I asked my dad to help. I bought the licence in december. That januari I got a job and I was able to payback .
                http://www.nucia.nl/forum/
                The best way to kill malware; is to kill it together.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X