Post Sales / Pre Sales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Sales / Pre Sales

Hello, As I research the bulletin systems it appears your Vb comes highly recommended.

I am a Service provider for corporate users. Everything is NT based and Web product support can be maintained rather well through the forum technology. I was turned onto this by an existing customer who has a licence of VB.

If stable the customer will move from current location to this location.

My problem is this could be an expensive GUESS that compatibility will work.
    So without asking for the software to try it out, I want to know the following........

IIS 6 / PHP 5.1.1 / MYSQL 5.0.17NT

HOW DO YOU SETUP THE DATABASE ( CREATE NEW IN 5.0 ) ????
    does it work now without a doubt with the later MySQL???
    Why dont you use MS_SQL2000 ??
    * but most important How is the Database created ?
    * searchs for DB create are futile for the version 5....
    * if you have done this, I would like to know the procedure, I dont know MYSQL at all..

Not to be viewed as throwing problems onto someone else, but http://dev.mysql.com/doc/ is always been my friend when it came to SQL related questions
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

MS SQL 2000 is proprietary. Apache is the world leader in web server software so presents a larger target audience. vBulletin simply went for the largest market. Also, this may be a stereotype, but I think users of IIS are used to spending hundreds or thousands of dollars on solutions. vBulletin is $160 and is probably overlooked by corporate and enterprise users solely because of the price and the fact that vBulletin does not offer turnkey support.

vBulletin is not 'portable' to MS SQL because the queries and data structures are so different. A simple conversion would yield unacceptable results.

Maybe when vBulletin is rewritten for MySQL 5, which has Stored Procedures and Views, it will be more portable to SQL 2005.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X