Options and users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Options and users

I presently use Postnuke and pnphpbb2. My Postnuke has 23000+ users with 100-200 more each day. When a user signs up on Postnuke, they also get signed up on the pnphpbb2 forums. I get an average of 9000-13000 page views a day. The questions I have are:

1. Can vbulletin be put in and added to Postnuke so that if a user signs up on Postnuke, they also are signed up on vbulletin?

2. If I end up having to scrap Postnuke and go with vbulletin only then is there any hacks to add google adsense into the forums?

3. My present host, not telling me when I bought their service, only allow 50 max current users for linux at one time. With the amount of users I have mentioned already and the fact that in the past 7 days I have used 40 gigs of bandwidth, for example. If there a good, but cheap, host that can do this? My site is "about" 8 gigs in files.

4. Can vbulletin be setup on Linux, my host allows 250 connections for dedicated, and on Windows, my host allows unlimited connections.

BTW, my host is godaddy.com

Thanks

Hi Langly

Welcome to vBulletin! Unfortunately vBulletin can not be directly integrated into PostNuke however PostNuke can somewhat be integrated with vBulletin. The biggest problem is that vBulletin has an added security layer with its password by adding a salt to the password hash. So if a password on vbulletin is 12345, it may be 234q23423 in PostNuke.

You don't need any hacks to put google adsense into the forums. Simple Template Modifications will suffice which you can do directly.

As for Godaddy being a hosting solutions...there's been a bunch of mixed feelings about it. Some people says it works. Other's have had mixed feelings.

Compare your feelings over with this search:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/searc...searchid=12982
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Would I be able to allow users to see the forum titles but not enter into the forums or see the treads unless they signup?

Also, is there any CMS that will allow the users to signup through the CMS and it also signs them up through vbulletin as well?
      Last edited by Langly; Thu 29 Dec '05, 11:22pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X