What happens to my Admin Account?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happens to my Admin Account?

Couple of Questions before I contact vB sales team !

1. I'm currently running phpbb 2.0.18. After converting to vB, what will happen to my admin account?

2. As an administrator on Vb forum, will I be able to change my join date?

3. With a single copy of VBulletin ( 1 license), if I decide to shift the forums to some other server; can I install second copy of vB for the transition period? I mean, once the transition to newer server is done, I'll remove the earlier installation. (Guide me about this, I hope you got my question)

4. I plan to put Ads on forums. That will require extra space for banners (on both sides). Does vB team provide support for the same?

Regards,
    The Big K
    Founder | CrazyEngineers®
    About CE | Small Talk | Official Blog 'VoiCE'
    The Big K's SuperBlog | Join CE!
    The Mobiles Forum. Got A Question?

1. I'm currently running phpbb 2.0.18. After converting to vB, what will happen to my admin account?
    When I converted, I was left with my base install admin account and my old phpBB admin account- I just merged them. It's as easy as the option for it.

2. As an administrator on Vb forum, will I be able to change my join date?
    Yes.

4. I plan to put Ads on forums. That will require extra space for banners (on both sides). Does vB team provide support for the same?
    I don't believe it would be an issue, and there certainly are threads describing how and where to add your ads.
    Last edited by RagnarokDensetsu; Mon 19 Dec '05, 9:40pm.

Comment

1. Yes, we have an import script for phpBB. You can read about it here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/i...rsion=30501500

Your phpBB admin account will automatically merge with your vB account if they share the same password.

2. Yes, but you will need to manually edit it in the database.

3. Yes, the license agreement allows you to set up a test board:

"If you have a valid license, you may set up an additional test forum in order to test code, template and database modifications. To make this clear to us and our license verification procedures, place it in a directory called 'testvb' and be sure to password protect it. It must not be accessible by the general public."

4. Mostly this involves template edits. There is plenty of help available on these forums to do this.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
        2. Yes, but you will need to manually edit it in the database.
        Umm, 'scuse me Steve, but isn't there an option for it in the Admin CP? I'm looking at it right now.

Comment

D'OH! You are right. Good catch.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Happy Me

You guys have an excellent support

.. maybe too good for 160$

Comment

Originally posted by The_Big_K
              You guys have an excellent support

.. maybe too good for 160$
              Sales is good, customer support is..well not as good as sales :P
              takes them longer to resolve the issue, I believe its cause of the noobs that need help with every little thing.

Comment

If you need priority support, open a Support Ticket in your Member's Area.

Questions posted here on the forum are not given the same priority as a customer asking for help directly to a staff member.

Comment

Originally posted by MrVain
                  Sales is good, customer support is..well not as good as sales :P
                  takes them longer to resolve the issue, I believe its cause of the noobs that need help with every little thing.
                  "Newbs," not "n00bs." Not everyone is good with operating vB.
                  Forums

Comment

Originally posted by RagnarokDensetsu
                    Umm, 'scuse me Steve, but isn't there an option for it in the Admin CP? I'm looking at it right now.
                    Guyz! Just imported all data from my old forum.
                    Now the admin join date is today's date , that is, the date on which vbulletin is installed.
                    Please tell me where in Admin CP lies the setting for 'Administrator Join date'? I'd like to change it.

Please reply quickly.

->>I want to completely disable attachments. How to do that?
                    ->>How do I position the forum Logo? and how do I fillup the space above forums with some flash? any pointers?

-Thankoo-
                    -The Big K-

Comment

Since you are now a customer, you can post these questions in the appropriate forum.
                      So Cal Sportbike forum - So Cal Moto - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum - Custom vinyl decals - Southern California camping forum

Comment

Originally posted by The_Big_K
                        Please tell me where in Admin CP lies the setting for 'Administrator Join date'? I'd like to change it.
                        Go to your admincp, lookup the admin user, click on it and in the lower left corner you can edit join date, last post etc..
                        I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol like some thinkle peep I am!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X