important question!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• important question!!!!!!!!

o.k. my friend told me that the VBulletin database is heavy but i got only 45 SQL MB and do you think that will be enough for 500 hundred people online each minute?
    or does it have a way of reduce the databese SQL MB?

So important it needed 8 exclamation points. Every pre-sales question gets equal attention.

MySQL database size and number of online simultaneous users are two unrelated issues.

45MB is completely insufficient for a growing vBulletin forum. vB default install uses ~5MB of your database. I'm up to 400MB after 3 years with 35-50 online users at peak times. If you have 500 simultaneous users, they will be posting threads and posts so fast you'll need 1GB by the end of the first year. You should select a web host with room to grow, preferably one that doesn't nickel-and-dime you on database size (professional web hosts count your MySQL databases as part of your total storage) or number of queries (PowWeb counts the # of queries you do which can make maintenance and upgrades difficult).

500 simultaneous users would put you in the top .1% of vBulletin users traffic-wise and would require a dual P4/Xeon ~3 or 4GHz dedicated server with RAIDed hard drives. We're talking $150-300 a month web hosting bill. Are you sure it's going to be that busy?
    Last edited by feldon23; Mon 19 Dec '05, 10:18pm.

Comment

i dont get it?
      i have a 25 GB in my server
      45 MB is the SQL
      so when alot of people writing so where does the size reduced from?

Comment

It is absurd to have a 25GB web site and only 45MB (.04GB) for SQL. Who is your current web host? I think there is maybe some misinterpretation going on here.

If your web host only allows 45MB for your MySQL database and you go over, your website crashes!
        Last edited by feldon23; Mon 19 Dec '05, 10:53pm.

Comment

my hosting company is www.openhost.us would you like to give me some good hosting servers with a big SQL quota?
          thank you very much.
          yakov..

Comment

Google....always remember....it's your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by forum-il
              my hosting company is www.openhost.us would you like to give me some good hosting servers with a big SQL quota?
              thank you very much.
              yakov..
              If you're asking for opinions, I use and recommend Site5.
              Forums

Comment

Originally posted by forum-il
                thank you very much.
                yakov..
                Good hosting companies do not HAVE a SQL quota.

Comment

Now now do not flame other companies or i will Report yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Ditch
                    Now now do not flame other companies or i will Report yourself.
                    He wasn't flaming the company. He was simply saying that reliable hosts will not have quotas. You have to realize the amount of unreliable hosts that are available today, whether free or paid.
                    Forums

Comment

but can someone can give me a company with a big SQL quota?
                      because that's site is huge i'm using PHPBB for 450 people online and it's not even 20 SQL MB

Comment

I think the point that feldon and a few others are trying to make is that, if you are on a good, reliable host, there will be no such thing as an SQL quota restricting you.
                        Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

so if i dont have a SQL quota how can i run VBULLETIN?

Comment

You do not need an SQL quota. An SQL quota is a limit; stay away from things like that which limit you.

vBulletin needs a server with PHP/MySQL installed.
                            Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

No SQL quota = unllimited.
                              ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X