Corner schemes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corner schemes

I'm thinking of buying a vbulliten board and on vbulliten boards that I'm a member of I've seen different types of skins used. One type that I really liked was the corner schemes. However, since the board was upgraded the corner schemes have disappeared and I wondered if they are no longer possible.

This probably won't affect my decision whether or not to buy a vbulliten board but it was something I wanted to know before I put my money where my mouth is.

Thanks
    Spy_Master
    Last edited by Spy_Master; Mon 19 Dec '05, 12:43pm.

If you mean rounded corners, you just turn off the background colors and borders generated by CSS and place rounded corner images. It's not fun but it looks great.

Comment

No no what I mean is something like this

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...rnerscheme.jpg

where the header goes round the corner of the board and the board is well where it begins on the picture. I'm sorry I'm not very good at explaining it.

Comment

I didn't realize someone had branded this widely used concept (a top header/banner and left navigation) with the name 'corner scheme'. Confusing!

Yes this is very easy with vBulletin. The top banner is done with the header template. The left column is done with this template modification.

Comment

Thanks very much I have another question now but I guess I'll have to start a new topic for it as it won't let me change the visible topic title.

Comment

You can get a backup of your InvisionFree forum if you are willing to "buy" your way out. This unpublished website lets you request a backup of IF if you are willing to cough up some dough. Pricing:
            http://invisionfree.com/index.php?p=conversion

You have to actually request the conversion by e-mailing them. There's no button on that page. And ignore all the stuff about needing IPB 1.3 installed. They give you the conversion files (a MySQL dump) which you can do with as you wish, including importing into vB.

Otherwise you are starting from zero. There is no "harvest" script that allows vB to grab the content of your forum.
            Last edited by feldon23; Mon 19 Dec '05, 12:54pm.

Comment

Thanks I went there and I can't find where I sign up to that which is really weird as you'd think they'd want to take your money.
              As it's not official I won't do it I don't want to get ripped off or expose a security problem. I'll just register the members and manually post what's important and leave it at that.

Thanks for all your help and I'm sorry I started another thread on the same subject we must have been replying at the same time.

Thanks
              Spy_Master

Comment

The website starts with http://www.invisionfree.com/ I'm pretty sure it's official.

Open a Sales Question Ticket in your IF board's Admin Control Panel requesting a MySQL database dump of your forum and see what they say.

Comment

I'm sorry you said it was unpublished and I must have misunderstood. Sure that makes me a lot more confident about using their service but I still can't see where I can submit my payment order too. Perhaps I'm just being blind or stupid.

Thanks again
                  Spy_Master

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X