X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does using plugins void suport?

according to vbadvanced:
    http://www.vbadvanced.com/forum/show...44&postcount=2

You won't be able to officaly recive support, the same goes with everything, even plugins disable your offical support lines.

Basicly, to uninstall vBa just reupload original files, and disable plugins.

Ths is causing a bit of internal debate on my forums. Could you clarify if using plugins officially voicds your vbulletin support? I know vbulletin won't support hte plugins themselves..but does installing plugins void support for vbulletin itself?

Originally posted by hescominsoon
    according to vbadvanced:
    http://www.vbadvanced.com/forum/show...44&postcount=2

You won't be able to officaly recive support, the same goes with everything, even plugins disable your offical support lines.

Basicly, to uninstall vBa just reupload original files, and disable plugins.

Ths is causing a bit of internal debate on my forums. Could you clarify if using plugins officially voicds your vbulletin support? I know vbulletin won't support hte plugins themselves..but does installing plugins void support for vbulletin itself?
    Yes, plugins & code modifications will both void vBulletin support.

Zachery is also a member of Staff here, so if he said that at vBAdvanced, then it's the truth.
    "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

You are going to give us a feature that if you use it it kills support? <edited by me>. That makes no sense(yes you can see the original text in the next quoted post..<G>)
      Last edited by hescominsoon; Sun 18 Dec '05, 4:21am.

Comment

Originally posted by hescominsoon
        You are going to give us a feature that if you use it it kills support? <edited by me>. That makes no sense(yes you can see the original text in the next quoted post..<G>)
        I'm not staff, but if Zachery said that (which I see he did) then yes, plugins void support.
        Unless of course I'm mistaken.
        Last edited by Creepshow; Sun 18 Dec '05, 4:25am.
        "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

There's an option in vb to disable all plugins. You can use this to turn all the plugins off to see if the problem still exists and get support if needed.
          Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

Any and all changes to the code void support. Regardless if its via plugin or file change. However, if you disable the plugin system, or revert to the original vBulletin files, your support would be re-instated.

Most of the time we do try to trouble shoot things first and see if it can be replicated on our own end in a test enviroment lacking hacks, if it can't we ask you to remove yours.

Comment

You have to understand from our perspective, we've been known to waste hours of time tracking down a problem for a customer to find out it was a hack installed by them that they forgot about etc.

It's just not an effective way to manage support, it deprives other customers from help with genuine issues.

If you bought a car and started replacing bits and adding things and then it developed a fault the garage you took it too certainly wouldn't look at it under warranty as its specs no longer match those its intended and the amount of variables that could be causing the problem increases.

As Zach said, if you disable the entire plugin system by throwing in the disable hooks code in config.php and then use a plain default style and can still produce it then it definately exists.
              Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Realize that what you lose is "hand-holding support" and "they login and fix it FOR you" support. You can still ask tech support questions here on the forum. And as mentioned, if you turn off Plug-ins and you still have the problem, then they will do support for you. If you turn off Plug-ins and you DO still have the problem, then you have to figure out which Plug-in is causing the problem.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X